Company Name: Virtual, Inc.
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Virtual Inc. is looking for a Senior Events Manager/Director within our Global Conferences & Events team! The Senior Events Manager/Director is responsible for owning the success of a portfolio of events across Virtual’s client base, ranging in scale from domestic meetings of a few hundred attendees to international conferences of a few thousand – and everything in between. This key events leader offers strategic advice and direction to clients regarding event programs, themes, and strategies. As an integral part of each client team, this senior leader will lead, communicate, and troubleshoot issues and challenges to ensure a best in class event experience for the client and its members. While direct management of staff may be limited; influencing, inspiring, and mentoring operations support staff will be a key part of the role.
We’re committed to DRIVING CLIENT SUCCESS and EXCELLENCE EVERYWHERE to enable our clients to make their mark on the world. Here’s how you will help us do that:
- Own and drive the success of client events in accordance with client strategic plans
- Liaise directly with client executive director, committee chair(s), and board members
- Skilled project manager with strong influencing skills and ability to lead a project team
- Oversee and/or plan and manage logistics of domestic and international meetings, conferences and events, trade shows and training courses, including venue selection, food and beverage planning, A/V arrangements, etc.
- Develop and manage client event budgets in concert with the Virtual Finance team, and provide expert guidance in maximizing resources;
- Ability to negotiate venue and hotel contracts and work with and manage outside vendors (General Service Contractors, DMC, photographers, AV directors, etc.);
- Oversee the teamwork with vendors to plan catering, audio/visual, promotional items, entertainment, photography, travel, hotel accommodations, etc. to ensure high quality events that remain within budget;
- Manage meetings in collaboration with program and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress;
- Collaborate with sponsorship and exhibitor program team; ensure all deliverables and revenue goals are being achieved;
- Collaborate with Virtual Marketing and Communications team, oversee development and implementation of communication initiatives;
- Facilitate client conference calls/face-to-face meetings; draft meeting minutes; document action items and follow up on action items;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships;
- Extensive Travel to manage the onsite event and member experience – including international travel (Far East; Latin America; Europe) as needed.
We all have a hand in creating a COMPANY WE LOVE by LEADING THROUGH OUR VALUES and fostering a culture that empowers and rewards its employees. You will:
- Represent Virtual’s core values of innovation, inclusion, service excellence, empowerment, respect, teamwork, generosity, fun and trust.
- Exemplify our servant leadership philosophy every day by building trust, serving first, and acting as one team.
- Actively participate in company-sponsored committees, events and initiatives geared toward engagement, development, and fun!
- Inspire and equip those you serve.
As our next Senior Events Manager, you will bring:
- At least eight years of experience leading both domestic and international events;
- Bachelor’s degree in Events, Hospitality, or related field;
- Demonstrated leadership capability through Project Leadership and/or direct management of a team;
- CMP strongly preferred;
- Must be a skilled project manager; able to manage multiple projects at once (as many as five events);
- Proven ability to create and manage budgets;
- Working knowledge of latest technology designed for events;
- Experience managing complex AV and technology contracts;
- Experience managing the marketing needs of events;
- Ability to manage staff hours to client budgets to ensure profitability targets are met;
- High level of creativity and “rolled up sleeves” working style;
- Excellent customer-service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team player;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledgeable about Adobe;
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to 40%; some travel may be “back to back” during busy season (spring/fall months);
- Must be able to show proof of vaccination and meet applicable travel and/or client requirements;
- Experience working with multiple cultures across all time zones a plus.
Virtual, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.