Company Name: Hitachi Vantara
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
We are an inclusive, highly collaborative organization whose people drive our innovation advantage. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and celebrated and we’re looking for like-minded, passionate, and driven people to join us, who like to work hard and have fun. We know that people are our biggest and most important asset so we have worked hard to create a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful.
If you’d like to be part of a supportive, successful team who cares about powering social good, developing new revenue streams and improving customer experiences then we’d love to hear from you.
What You Will Be Doing
As a success-driven Senior Event Manager joining our award-winning Creative Brand Experience and Global Events Team, you will embrace original thinking and thrive in dynamic environment, where no two days are the same. You will utilize your strong project management and collaboration skills to plan and execute B2B events targeting IT decision makers and professionals.
Whilst this is an individual contributor role, emphasis is placed on:
- Being a team player who is driven and that shows initiative when working closely and collaboratively with all stakeholders across functional teams to identify: clear event goals, content, promotion strategy, manage budgets, coordinate event logistics, on-site/online event execution and ultimately report on event ROI across in-person, hybrid, and virtual event experiences.
- Partner with key global stakeholders (creative leadership, sales, product marketing and field marketing teams) to drive quality customer-first event thinking and innovation, Y.O.Y event registration growth, qualified marketing leads, post event attendee feedback, ROI reporting and world -class event execution.
- Having hands-on experience developing and implementing creative event experiences
- Being comfortable working with executive level customers and internal stakeholders to help facilitate creating an environment that enables the growth of new and existing customer relationships with business decision makers.
- Whilst the formal parts of the job are important, we are also looking for someone who likes to have fun, is outgoing, open minded, able to wear many hats and naturally be adaptable to a variety of dynamic environments
What You Bring To The Team
- A creative thinker who thrives by demonstrating initiative through their creative approaches and desire to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Ability to independently manage events in the region, being the driving force and point of contact locally to ensure all events are run consistently and at the highest calibre.
- Produce reporting on event ROI, following pre-defined processes in Marketo and SFDC, to show all stakeholders the results of the event investments.
- Lead the cross-functional teams pre, during, and post event – managing all aspects but also delegating out roles and responsibilities, where required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple events concurrently in different parts of the region/geo, ensuring materials, logistics are prepared in time and that stakeholders have what they need to help make the event a success.
- Lead negotiations for all event logistics eg; space contracts, event space, order supplies and materials for onsite event and staff, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations. Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Conduct research and find resources to help make data-driven decisions about event sponsorship opportunities.
- Work with Subject matter experts (SME’s) and the Creative Brand Team to ensure all communications are produced.
- Work alongside go-to-market leads and campaign specialists to ensure there is an integrated marketing approach to each event.
- Follow up with marketing operations/field marketing to ensure all leads are entered into the correct systems and actioned.
- Travel to events may be required across the region/geo – current valid passport is required.
It would be great to hear from you if you have the following skills:
- Project Management Skills. Effective project management skills are a must for this position. Hitachi Vantara participates in multiple virtual events, webinars, trade shows, roadshows, summits, and other events throughout the year. This role will manage and/or assist with all events in the US, Canada, and Latin American countries, working against tight deadlines, and helping to make key decisions.
- Communication. Ability to work collaboratively and closely with key internal stakeholders to understand event-related priorities and produce quality event options that suit their needs at all stages. This means being able to conduct senior level calls; and be able to write clear, focused internal communications. Most importantly, this is supported by your robust communication skills and experience when managing and writing clear and focused internal communications.
- Attention to Detail. Managing events requires the coordination of a lot of moving parts. Attention to detail is critical to ensure nothing is missed at any customer- or prospect-facing event.
- Proven planning skills. The successful candidate is capable of planning for events months in advance. They have a clear understanding of deadlines and work efficiently with the team to successfully prepare for them and manage from end to end.
- 5+ years of senior experience in event project management, executive event production, and/or conference production, preferably in both physical and virtual event environments
Other Skills And Experience Requirements
- Customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Very detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines and across multiple sites.
- Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well versed in social media.
- Competent in scoping, budgeting, project planning and management.
- A pro-active, self-motivated, creative thinker – this person is a ‘go getter’
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar sales CRM system and collaboration tools is a strong plus
- Language: Primarily English but ability to speak and write in other languages is a plus.
- Travel required as related to assigned events. Travel requirements may increase as needed for onsite management of expanding events portfolio.
- This position is remote within the United States.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.