Company Name: Forter
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
Events are critical to Forter’s success. They create opportunities to strengthen relationships with our customers, connect those customers with like-minded prospects and drive pipeline. Forter has earned a reputation for ‘showing up’ at industry events with compelling experiences on and outside the tradeshow floor. The past two years we have run our own IMPACT conference, bringing digital commerce leaders from across industries to New York to exchange ideas.
We are growing our Events team! We are seeking an individual that prides themselves on their creativity and accountability. You will develop and manage Forter’s presence at key conferences, with a focus on creating engaging and unique experiences on and off the showfloor. We are looking for an individual that is data-driven and can establish key performance indicators to measure the impact of events against business goals. This role will also play a key part in the planning and execution of Forter’s 2024 IMPACT conference. You will report into the Sr. Director of Global Events. The position will be based in New York with a requirement to travel to various events in the United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop event strategies to amplify Forter’s brand and create engaging and meaningful experiences that drive demand and accelerate sales opportunities
- Project manage industry events and work with internal teams (Field, Creative, Content, Product Marketing, Customer, Ops) to deliver a holistic event plan to ensure delivery against program KPIs
- Build key relationships with sales by delivering (pre and post event) enablement materials and training to ensure we maximize investments
- Develop and maintain event budgets, track expenses and manage complete financial reconciliation post-event
- Manage end-to-end event coordination and production, including: event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, participant registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, and post-event reporting
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in events management
- Creative mindset, good humor and positive, can-do attitude. We prefer new ideas to a proven playbook
- You must be organized and possess exceptional communication skills
- Experience coordinating and managing internal staff and external vendors
- Nothing phases you; when something doesn’t go according to plan, you use it as an opportunity to learn, experiment or entertain
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills with a customer service-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and improving the ROI of event marketing investments
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively within a team and organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills
- A keen attention-to-detail – you care about the little details in everything that you do!
- You are abreast of industry trends and competitor events to incorporate innovative ideas into Forter’s event strategy.
- Comfort with using tools including Asana, iCapture, Salesforce, and Hubspot
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.