Company Name: Diligent
Location: Baltimore, MD (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
The Senior Marketing Events Manager will drive strategy, direct design efforts and be responsible for the quality and ROI of Diligent branded events, including our User Conference, the Modern Governance Summit, and our internal Sales Kick-Off. This highly collaborative role includes working closely with our Product, Field Marketing and Customer Success teams to develop strategies, content and themes that amplify the Diligent brand. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Events. The right candidates will offer strong project management and executive engagement skills, as well as strategic planning, event execution, and ROI reporting experience.
- Work with marketing leaders to set event strategy, goals, and objectives for Diligent owned events.
- Produce and elevate experiences for all Diligent owned events with a keen sense of execution excellence aligned to the strategy that you help to construct.
- Drive strategic decision making, in partnership with cross-functional internal teams, that supports event goals and objectives.
- Integrate best practices into events that champion scalability and the growth of Diligent owned events, specifically the Modern Governance Summit.
- Manage budgets to ensure cost-effective execution of events while reporting on ROI.
- Travel as needed to support the planning and execution of events.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic event production and design for company-hosted events
- Highly motivated self-started, with the ability to effectively set priorities, handle multiple projects and follow-through on deadlines in a face-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience and comfort in developing event briefs and presenting to Executive Leaders.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Experience as a people-manager and coach to junior level staff
- Experience with B2B, SaaS brand preferred, events
- Experience working on global events
- Experience with Cvent, Sales Force and/or Coupa
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, global days of service, comprehensive health benefits, meeting free days, generous time off policy and wellness programs to name a few
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.