Company Name: Twitter
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Real Estate & Workplace (REW) Events Team is seeking a candidate who is self-starting and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast paced changing environment! This person should have experience in event management, be inventive, and enjoy creative problem solving.
What You’ll Do
- Support, plan and execute events at Twitter New York.
- Ability to support and run virtual events as needed.
- Collaborate with the Virtual Events team to produce hybrid events.
- Lead a high volume of large meeting room reservations.
- Collaborate with internal partners and clients on event logistics and communications.
- Build detailed floor plans and communicate room setups to on-site facilities staff.
- Capture and assess event metrics for internal use.
- Enter and track PO requests for event purchases.
- Provide on-site and often after-hours day/weekends of support for live events.
- Lead all aspects of staffing, setup and breakdown for all events.
- Place event catering orders through our catering system.
- Coordinate and negotiate all vendor contracts, catering, rentals and event talent/entertainment.
- Serve as liaison for catering, AV, security and janitorial support at events.
- Point of contact for event issues and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Cultivate positive internal and external relationships by being diligent, friendly, helpful, courteous and professional in a cheerful demeanor.
- Provide support to the Global REW Events team.
Who You are
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, Marketing or Management preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging culinary, decor and entertainment trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in catering and events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as the business demands (nights, occasional weekends.)
- Familiarity with Google Suite and JIRA preferred.
- Experience with virtual event platforms such as Zoom, BlueJeans and Google Livestream.
- Knowledge of Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop, a plus.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.