Company Name: DocuSign
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Build worldwide digital experiences that touch millions. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
The perfect candidate is passionate about bringing our corporate brand and campaign themes to life in 3-D, with a focus on re-imagining our participation at our key 3rd party partner and vertical events and pushing beyond the sponsorships that are offered to create buzz-worthy moments for DocuSign. In this role, you will be responsible for influencing the selection of industry events we attend, managing specific programs and ensuring we have a strong sales/pipeline plan in place for each event.
In addition, the Senior Event Program Manager will require strong skills and experience in stakeholder management, working cross-functionally with: brand/creative, campaign, country marketing, sales, demand gen, partner and product marketing to ensure we deliver the best-in-class experiences for our customers and prospects. This role will manage external vendor resources and relationships that are needed to support the Global Events team. To be successful, this candidate must thrive in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment and embrace the change we are experiencing as we grow as a company.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Events and is designated Flex.
- Provide program management and leadership to all assigned programs
- Work cross-functionally across product and partner marketing as well as global/regional event teams to ensure successful delivery of specific 3rd party event programs
- Liaise and establish relationships within the Global Events team as well as with Country Marketing, Product Marketing, Web/Registration, PR, key internal stakeholders and external agencies/vendors
- Develop and maintain the event project plan and objectives, including master timeline
- Define and organize internal and external communications as well as content production
- Lead generation activities and measurement plan/pipeline goals. Measure and report the impact of each event in terms of: awareness, engagement and pipeline influence metrics, working closely with our operations manager
- Lead weekly core team meetings, plus other weekly calls related to respective trade show
- Manage of all operations and logistics functions and deliverables related to any program or event
- Work with external show management on all exhibit opportunities to include: booth space, Marketing Promotional Opportunities (MPOs), contract/sponsorships, etc.
- Assist with fiscal planning: 3rd party event strategy and fiscal year planning with peers in Global Events, Country Marketing, Sales and PMM, to include previous event performance review, future sponsorship opportunities, net new event research and more
- Assist with budget management: Overall program budget management, budget forecasting, POs, SOWs – working closely with our department operations manager
- Assist with vendor management: Negotiate contracts with, and manage, program venues and suppliers including: exhibit house, show management, audio-visual/production, housing management, registration, promotional vendors, exposition services, security, destination management, and other third party vendors as required
- Manage a Pre/Post show activities including: stakeholder feedback; post show report; pipeline influence: Work closely with sales, country marketing and demand gen teams to plan audience acquisition strategy prior to an event, generate leads at event and ensure a plan is in place to follow up with all leads post event and map to pipeline influence
- Raise brand awareness, create buzz-worthy moments and creatively align to the DocuSign brand through memorable sponsorships, exhibitions, and ancillary activations outside of the show floor
- Manage Operational Excellence and execute all event elements (digital/physical) including internal/external speakers, staffing, registration, and overall event logistics
- 8+ years hands-on experience in trade show management and execution, preferably in the technology industry, in US and/or globally
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and developing processes
- Advanced knowledge of event management and production for conferences, events and trade shows
- Strong overall negotiation skills to include sponsorship contracts as well as vendor negotiations
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills to deliver on multiple events and projects, on time and within budget
- Proven track record managing a number of large programs, team/task-interdependencies, timelines and budgets
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to “turn on a dime”, think through problems and create innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience in collaboration, teamwork, cross-functional and cross-cultural groups
- Ability to drive projects forward in a rapidly changing environment with a strong emphasis on virtual team working and meetings
- Experience in engaging and developing collaborative relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with researching/recommending events based on business needs and outlined criteria
- Proficient in using Google Docs and MS Office products
- A flexible schedule to accommodate up to 35% domestic travel
- BA/BS degree