Company Name: Prudential Financial
Location: Shelton, CT
Type: Full Time
Marketing & Communications – Communications
Prudential Financial’s Communications team is seeking a Senior Event Producer to develop and implement strategic meetings, events and other communications activities in support of Senior Leadership across the enterprise. The role will report to the Director of Conference Services in Prudential Communications. The Senior Event Producer will be expected to serve as a trusted business partner who can provide a full range of meeting and event support through effective, proactive project management. The role includes partnering closely with members of the Prudential Communications team and various leaders to deliver appropriate meetings , events and other employee engagement communications that align with the Prudential C ommunications ’ strategy and the company’s business objectives .
In this position, the Senior Event Producer will develop and execute a wide range of complex in-person and virtual events, management of graphic design projects for inclusion in presentations and similar graphic applications for external and internal audiences.
The scope of work includes managing multiple deadlines and priorities utilizing strong relationship building skills and creating and implementing strategic meeting plans that support business goals. This includes project management, strategic advisement to clients and senior leadership regarding technology, staging and production selection , management of conference creative and production and project-specific communications. The Senior Event Producer regularly partners with other members of the Prudential Communications team and various business groups across the enterprise.
Experience in project and event management, communications and/or marketing, as well as interfacing with senior leaders, is critical to this role. Extraordinary relationship management, verbal skills, written communication, project management, strategic thinking, proactive planning and content delivery are necessary for this position as well as the demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence others with or without direct authority .
- Business Acumen : Understands the organization’s internal and external business environments, including how we deliver value to customers, the market we operate in, and how our functional teams work together.
- Outcomes-Focus: Delivers results that support project, function, and business outcomes, and maximizes personal contribution by prioritizing work appropriately and executing efficiently.
- Creativity: Sees connections that others do not, successfully applies ideas drawn from seemingly unrelated contexts, and generates a wide array of useful solutions to solve problems.
- Influence: Persuades others, remains diplomatic in difficult situations , and leverages a network of relationships for the good of the business.
- Channel Management: Understands the formal and informal paths of information sharing and leverages their potential for maximum impact; adapting messages to make the most of each channel.
- Project Management: Plans and executes projects that achieve strategic objectives; designs and executes against feasible , flexible budgets; coordinates team members effectively; and monitors and reports progress appropriately.”
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or similar discipline
- At least five years demonstrated professional experience in corporate communications, event management, or project management, setting event strategy, creating and launching communication plans
- Insurance industry or Financial Services experience preferred
- Experience in providing strategic communications counsel to senior executives and demonstrated courage to challenge positions, express unpopular views and influence outcomes
- Strong interpersonal/listening and oral/written communication skills
- Successful experience in managing and driving several projects simultaneously through completion in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all organizational levels
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs preferred
- Ability to travel to other business locations, including overnight stays , up to 10%
Prudential Communications works with partners and stakeholders inside and outside the enterprise to create advocacy for our company, asking meaningful questions, shaping dialogue about key issues, informing business decisions, building consequential relationships, and deepening connections. We work together across our team to deliver outcomes that further Prudential’s purpose of making lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world, to accelerate Prudential’s transformation and growth, and to cultivate belief in the company’s future. We’re committed to providing every member of our team with opportunities to learn and grow, while fostering closer integration, a truly inclusive workplace, and new ways of working that increase impact and productivity. We strive for excellence, simplicity, clarity, and impact in everything we do.
Please contact Ryan Story for information related to the role.
Our Company And Culture
Prudential has been an industry leader in financial services for more than 140 years. We offer customers innovative solutions for growing and protecting wealth. With over $1.6 trillion in assets under management and a presence in 20 cou n tries across 5 continents, we strive to service customers and create long-term value for stakeholders by pairing strong ethics and business fundamentals with a wide array of financial produc t s and services, ranging from life insurance, retirement planning and annuities to asset mana ge ment .
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable brining their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrat e them, support them, and thrive because of them. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to own their development as they design unique career paths that prepare them to excel in roles that stretch and grow them throughout their career. We encourage employees to perpetually hone their skills and explore opportunities across the Prudential’s business.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
People With Disabilities
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.