Company Name: Wolters Kluwer
Location: Waltham, MA
Type: Full Time
As a member of the global event management team, the Senior Event Manager manages events from start to finish for in-person, virtual and hybrid events as assigned. The position plays a key role on a team of multi-disciplined professionals (senior executives, marketing managers, project managers, strategists, and sales reps) who together create, produce, and activate events for our internal and external clients. The position requires advanced meeting and event planning expertise from sourcing, contract negotiation, logistics management and seeing through to flawless execution. The position will also have a focus on producing client-facing virtual events in various platforms to include Intrado, Zoom and Teams. It demands a significant amount of communication and relationship building with senior leadership as well as internal meeting stakeholders.
As assigned to a specific event project:
- Deliver exceptional client service with a consultative, solutions-oriented approach.
- Liaison between meeting stakeholders, vendors, attendee manager and other members of the GEM team; understand and interpret meeting objectives and navigate the GEM team’s event planning processes on behalf of the business unit.
- Budget Creation and management with impeccable data integrity. Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, manage final billing and reconciliation.
- Create & manage all pre-planning logistics, on-site program operations and final wrap up.
- Partner with attendee manager to fulfill stakeholder needs. May be asked to fulfill all registration needs for smaller events, as assigned.
- Manage timelines, team meetings and communications with all stakeholders.
- Work with sourcing team to secure appropriate venues on behalf of meeting stakeholders to capture vision and objective of event while also meeting budget, size and location/date requirements
- Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, DMC’s, off-site venues, caterers, and others.
- Manage DMC and outside vendors, including Audio Visual, Production, Entertainment, IT/Internet, Photographer, Printer, Security, Shipping, Translation, and Transportation.
- Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation, meeting room set-up, diagrams, food & beverage, A/V electrical, internet.
- Strict adherence to meeting protocols (cost saving measures, risk policies, contract approvals)
- Virtual event management, as required. Current approved platforms are Intrado, Microsoft Teams, Webex & Zoom.
- Review, Audit and submit all event related invoices for processing.
- Post meeting reporting and budget reconciliation.
- Post meeting surveys and measurement.
- Attend Global Event Management team meetings and professional development trainings.
- Specialized knowledge in contracting, organizing and managing all logistical aspects of complex meetings and events; 7-10 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with a consultative style
- Project management – ability to understand scope, create timelines and detailed event forecasts, and deliver on time to budget
- Solutions & results oriented
- Ability to work independently, on multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines
- Ability to handle high volume workload and fast pace; manage stress
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Cvent and Intrado or other virtual platform experience desirable.
- Excellent customer service
- Team player. Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible, “can-do” attitude
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university desired. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.