Company Name: Waters Corporation
Location: Milford, MA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Great opportunity to work for a company that seeks to improve human health & well-being. Waters, a leading biotech company is looking for someone who is dynamic, self-starter with a strategic mindset in delivering skillful meeting and events experiences for a variety of complex face to face and virtual events with various cross-functional business partners.
- Leads planning and execution for internal and external meetings/events, digital events, and tradeshows globally including but not limited to: hotel/venue sourcing, suprior contract negotiations, meticulous financial management acumen, F&B, Audio Visual & Production management, DMC management and on-site execution. Manages planning team and vendors onsite ensuring the highest level of customer service and quality of services delivered.
- Must be comfortable with crisis management and comfortable making sound “on the spot” decisions when there are no written procedures.
- Works with department manager in leading internal team projects and efficiency initiatives to identify areas for process improvements alinged with industry “best practices”. Research and make recommendations to supervisor on new trade show tools/technology to enhance Waters presence.
- Strategic Partner – Effectively communications and collaborates with business partners with a startegic approach to determine event objectives, roles & responsibilities, timelines and overall scope of work.
- Is a SME (Subject Matter Expert) logistics guru for meetings, events and citywide tradeshows. Expert knowledge of event website ceation, build/registration software such as Cvent Event Management, ON24, Zoom. Detailed and process driven.
- Work with business partners to develop and manage list of instruments/equipment to be displayed in the tradeshow booth
- On-site management of larger tradeshows to support install, execution, labor, dismantle. Larger events will require assistance in the booth.
- Develop show budgets and spend according to plan. Track all charges, purchase orders, invoices and overall budget per show.
- Bachelor’s degree or solid equivilent work experience, preferably in Tier 1 trade shows and/or High End Event Management
- Experience level: 10+ years direct experience with industry trades shows, events and exhibits preferred
- CTSM, CMP, CEM, DES strongly preferred
- Demonstrated team player not afraid to lead when asked, offering a polished public speaking skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management, analytical and organization skills
- Solid experience/knowledge of Cvent Event Management software program is strongly preferred
- Maintains business etiquette, verbal, written & communication skills with the natural ability to create, foster relationships
- Must be able to travel domesticly and international up to 30% and/or as needed
- Self-motivated, self-challenging, decisive, responsive and fast acting
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.