Company Name: SOLV Energy
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
SOLV Energy is an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and solar services provider for utility solar, high voltage substation and energy storage markets across North America. We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to our business. If you’re interested in a meaningful career with a brighter future, join the SOLV Energy Team.
The Senior Event Planner will lead successful execution of events as the primary point of contact for internal teams, client functions and primary communicator of event details. In this role you would be responsible for the full scope of the planning process, including furniture and equipment configurations, audio-visual requirements, food & beverage service, transportation, and other event attendee services.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages complex master meeting and events calendar for medium to large sized event space. Communicates events schedules with all required partners and service providers. Responsible for all communications, planning meetings with event staff, and proactively planning logistics across the master calendar.
- This includes but is not limited to sourcing, selecting and recommending vendors for décor, entertainment, giveaways, etc., supporting event communication and marketing plan, problem-solving issues that arise, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, supporting attendee/speaker requests, and managing tear-down.
- Responsible for pre-event planning, greeting event hosts upon arrival, introducing service delivery teams to client, answering questions, ensure understanding of details of event between host and service delivery team and post event reporting and reconciliation. Participates and/or leads planning calls, representing the site, and ensuring all event aspects are in accordance with building safety and security regulations.
- Captures post-event reporting and reconciliation and suggests recommendations for continuous improvement and cost / process efficiencies. May support with budget creation for events and accountable for budget adherence and related activities such as requesting and reviewing invoices in a timely manner.
- Build and maintaining strong work relationships with internal and external clients, anticipate employee needs and proactively addresses employee challenges to create a seamless environment, managing employee relationships across wider business, creating and fostering social networking.
- Promote and create an environment which encourages collaboration and helps to stimulate innovation
- This may include assessing community health and drive initiatives and activities to address areas of improvement, conduct listening exercises to better understand needs and support development of methodologies that support rhythm of business, performance management and continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Marketing or related discipline from a 4-year college or university, and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and/or training; OR 6 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in corporate or conference center management preferred.
- Experience with corporate workplace experience concepts and change management methodologies.
- Ability to manage and prioritize requests and feedback from customers, co-workers, and supervisor. Ability to assess complex circumstances and offer customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable meeting and engaging with new people at all levels including VIPs. Have a positive attitude, warm and engaging demeanor, and a strong sense of urgency in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Ability to create reports and improvement plans. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Outlook, etc. Comfortable with and embracing of new software platforms, technologies, and digital tools, such as apps, databases, financial management, work order management, social networking, cloud technologies, and communications.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Must work well under pressure with multiple deadlines and demonstrate a proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences. Ability to work flexible work schedules based on business need.
- Ability to work requiring significant walking or through other means of mobility. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time. Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent organizational abilities. Calendaring abilities. Prioritization and project management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, under a deadline, with a customer-service approach, with a can-do attitude
- Experience organizing events logistics: catering, space, room set-up/furniture, timing, itineraries, pace, technology support, registration, directions, vendor contracts and deliverables, etc. for large meetings or small events such as panel discussions, onsite corporate field trips, receptions, small conferences, job fairs, or other similar activities.
- Experience anticipating issues. Good decision-making and problem-solving skills. Experience providing onsite direction to event hosts, participants, and vendors, solving unexpected issues at events, panel discussions, off-campus visits, multi-day seminars or conferences.
- Experience interacting with a wide array of vendors, providing direction prior to the event, during the event, and conducting a post-event assessment. Experience evaluating deliverables/services: quality, quantity, timeliness of arrival, logistics, etc.
- Experience projecting expenses, keeping a budget. Ability to keep meticulous expense records, review invoices, and submit reimbursements for event expenses. Experience following complex organizational and department purchasing and vendor rules.
- Experience producing simple documents using Word and email, name badges, tent cards, signs, posters, banners, instructional materials.
SOLV Energy Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At SOLV Energy we celebrate the power of our differences. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces that improve our communities. SOLV Energy prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind against an employee or applicant based on race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, or ethnicity, mental or physical disability, veteran status, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation Range: $52,852.80 – $79,164.80