Company Name: FM Global
Location: Johnston, RI
Type: Full Time
The Senior Event Planner plans and manages all aspects of high-level domestic and international company meetings, special events and tradeshows. The Senior Event Planner will provide best-in-class event experiences that advance FM Global’s KRAs and Corporate and Operations objectives as part of integrated marketing campaigns. They are responsible for both internal/external meetings, customer facing meetings/events, and industry events around the globe – including face-to- face, hybrid, and virtual events – and are responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and external industry partners to ensure successful strategic event execution.
The Senior Event Planner contributes to and delivers on the Event Strategy brief, working with cross functional business partners and marketing colleagues to execute on agreed event goals and objectives. They provide event management expertise in all planning phases: from conception to fruition, lead in-take, kick-off and planning meetings, attendee management, all logistics surrounding events, financial management, on-site execution, management of support staff (internal and external) whether on site or via virtual facilitation and administer post event reconciliation and final event debrief.
This includes on-going pre-meetings with stakeholders, business partners, event communications, attendee registration management, hotel and venue sourcing, contract negotiations, food and beverage provisioning, meeting room set-ups, on-site management, manage hosted events at FM Global facilities, provide gifting experiences and recommendations, transportation management, coordination of third parties, and post-event survey management.
- Manage all meeting logistics with venues and suppliers. Track relevant information, generate progress reports, and give updates throughout the planning cycles.
- Understand cross functional interdependencies in the meeting/event space.
- Communicate pro-actively with stakeholders and suppliers to manage expectations and lead workflows
- Contributes and understands the Event Strategy brief, including core business values and objectives, marketing and event goals, communications, and logistical plans.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with event business owners, marketing colleagues, and external partners to ensure successful implementation of event plans
- Ensures the planning and development of effective content as well as digital and environmental brand experiences throughout the journey before, during, and after events.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues and contributes to the design, writing, delivery, and measurement of omnichannel event marketing.
- Provides subject matter expertise, counsel, and execution oversight to event business owners, marketing colleagues, and external partners to design and deliver meaningful, one-of-a-kind experiences that advance FM Global’s brand and business goals.
- Accountable for logistical and strategic implementation of virtual, hybrid, and face-to-face meetings and events, on-site execution, and virtual facilitation, managing event activities within the scope outlined in the Event Strategy Brief and budget parameters.
- High School Diploma or GED
Highly Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in event/hospitality management, marketing or communications.
- CMP – Certified Meeting Professional is highly preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience managing meetings and events of all sizes and complexities to include large to mid-size tradeshows.
Highly Preferred Work Experience:
- 7 or more years of experience managing meetings and events of all sizes and complexities to include large to mid-size tradeshows.
- Insurance industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and relationship management skills
- Skilled in the areas of negotiating, project management
- Ability to build consensus
- Knowledge of tools and contemporary communications vehicles, including Cvent and virtual meeting platforms.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams hosting sites and Zoom.
- Ability to travel 30-40% domestic & international.
The hiring range for this position is $76,200-$109,500. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health, and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.