Company Name: Apex Systems
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Senior Events Associate will support a variety of events and sponsorships in the US forapital Markets; liaising with the various business units in Capital Markets to maximize efficiencies and provide a seamless, consistent approach to events and sponsorships including the creation and execution of events and sponsorships, the sharing of information and best practices. This role has the delegated responsibility for the successful project management, coordination and execution of events and sponsorships with minimal direction.
- Event and Sponsorship coordination – You will apply a comprehensive, conceptual and practical understanding of the organization and delivery of events, conferences and sponsorships to a wide range of business and technical situations, from problem identification to measuring the effectiveness of implemented solutions. You will manage accommodations, set-up, travel schedules, staging, food and beverage, show coordination. You will research and make recommendations, negotiate contracts, manage budgets and financial reconciliation.
- Manage – You will manage multiple projects, on time and on budget, to the clients’ satisfaction. Manage external vendors as required to execute events and programs within scope and with consistency. Manage and maintain external client facing data and follow current procedures to have data updated regularly.
- Relationship building – You will build relationships and work with key senior internal stakeholders to centralize event activities, and ensure all events are delivered with consistency and in a timely, effective and cost efficient manner.
- Required to work under demanding time pressures from time to time
- You’re flexible to work hours as needed to help deliver a great client experience, which will include some evenings and weekends
- There will be travel throughout the US required for this role
- Details on your work arrangement (on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview
How You’ll Succeed
- Listen to client requests and thinking creatively to solve
- Provide a client centric approach to all activities to best represent Bank and best support our clients and business needs
- Deliver well executed client events and sponsorships, highlighting our brand and delivering on budget within the scope provided by the business
- Be detail oriented and proactively follow up on open items
- Integrate within the Client Strategy team to work as an independent lead with minimal supervision while regularly communicating and updating the team and the business on status and progress
Nice to Have:
- Related professional event designations
- Good decision making skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.