Company Name: AIG
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
This position will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of high-profile in-person and virtual meetings and events for North America General Insurance, including both internal and external audiences. All programs must be aligned with the business objectives of the firm. This senior planner will report into the Head of U.S. Events for General Insurance. This individual will identify opportunities for elevating the quality and effectiveness of regularly occurring events to maximize the event ROI and elevate the client experience.
What you need to know:
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop compelling colleague, client and broker events and meetings that ensure successful delivery of both in-person and virtual events. Some events will be hybrid.
- Responsibilities include venue selection, contract negotiations, development of agendas, coordination of ground transportation, food and beverage, accommodations and budget reconciliation.
- Has aptitude for managing multiple programs simultaneously.
- Develops the overall event strategy and theme, defines the event objectives, suggests new and creative approaches to engage attendees, implements the plan, and measures the effectiveness of event experience post event.
- Responsible for reporting on all post-event metrics including survey results and actual attendance.
- Always in search of new and innovative ideas and ways in which to plan in-person and virtual events.
- Communicates regularly with executive stakeholders on event status, objectives, and agenda items from pre-launch through program execution.
- Will be responsible for overseeing numerous third-party vendors including DMC’s, hotels, caterers, AV, décor, and printed marketing materials.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications on all event collateral such as signage, promotional materials, messaging and branding, and presentation materials.
- Budget reconciliation following each event where they will report to the head of events as well as their business partner.
- Contribute to the creation of agenda items and business sessions that are aligned with business strategies and broker/client needs.
- Partner internally to create communication plan, including invites and other promotional event marketing communications.
- Utilize Cvent (AIG’s online registration tool) to register and track meetings and events, manage registration and event spend. This person will also be responsible for the build of event applications.
- Manage VIP special projects and oversee executive logistics.
- Evaluates program impact and plan for continuous improvement. Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years in marketing and events management, preferably in professional or financial services.
- Detailed understanding of event and conference contract terms and conditions and experience with contract negotiations.
- Must be highly creative, enthusiastic, and take an interest in keeping up with the Industry trends.
- Strong event management skills with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement, and ability to execute projects in a timely manner.
- Understanding of hybrid event programming.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with C-Suite Executives. This person must always be willing to go the extra mile.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed organization and to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation, project, and time management skills.
- Budget oversight skills including creation, management, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Cvent experience required.
- Salesforce and Eloqua experience a plus.
- Up to 25% travel.