Company Name: AbbVie
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
The Sr. Event Planner is responsible for partnering with strategic business unit senior management teams to streamline the meetings and events management process, identify synergies and best practices across brands and therapeutic areas, and identify cost effective solutions to convention marketing.
- Utilize tracking and measurement tools to determine the qualitative and quantitative effectiveness of expenditures across all therapeutic areas.
- Maintain, report and forecast annual brand meeting budgets.
- Liaise with the Compliance to track and monitor all compliance related expenditures and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of all HCP interactions at conventions and affiliated meetings in accordance with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Monitor vendor compliance with related policies and procedures, most notably those relating to regulatory and compliance of promotional materials and interactions with HCPs.
- Communication and enforcement of International Congress/Event Guidelines where applicable.
- Serve as program lead for national and global meeting/event programs.
- Cross collaboration with marketing brand stakeholders, financial controllers, procurement, and vendor partners.
- Liaise with cross functional stakeholders to determine program synergies/opportunities and deliver consist service and messaging across all convention programsResearch and recommend efficiencies in logistics, technologies, procedures, and/or industry related solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, organizational leadership or related field of study and 5+ years of work experience
- Desired Qualifications: Convention planning experience preferred – including staff & vendor management experience
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated success managing a both small and large scale projects.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions without direct authority.
- Analytical and forward thinker, results oriented, self-organized and self-starter
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of results
- Adaptable & change agent in an evolving environment
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
- The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.