Company Name: RMS
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Type: Full Time
RMS is seeking a Senior Event Marketing Manager to join our amazing Corporate Marketing team. The Senior Event Marketing Manager is responsible for working effectively with clients, internal teams, industry organizations, and external vendors to flawlessly deliver world class event programs that drive successful results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Senior Manager will work within the Marketing team to enhance and execute our programs. Our ideal candidate should thrive under pressure, love to travel, and have a passion for event production and logistics and be strong in digital events. You must be creative and scrappy, with an incredible eye for detail and be able to get up to speed and execute with a solid sense for the RMS brand, culture, products, and business strategy.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Lead the planning and flawless execution of event programs of various sizes and scale as assigned.
- Source and manage external partners and vendors for multiple events.
- Negotiate best opportunities to showcase RMS at 3rd party events and conferences.
- Strategically connect business priorities, objectives, and key messages to content delivery on assigned events.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create event agendas and content that meet engagement objectives.
- Develop and manage planning tools; i.e. budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
- Lead creation of event communications and promotion for assigned programs (in partnership with demand generation and client development teams) to drive meaningful attendance and help to build pipeline.
- Own and manage the RMS Digital/Virtual events
- Track and reconcile budget throughout the course of each project. Communicate scope and budget changes with clarity and precision.
- Lead internal and external project debriefs and postmortem reports.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all team members and departments (product marketing, creative, operations, client development and support, finance, legal, etc).
- Gather and track ROI, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement.
- Be a team player that is willing to build out and manage processes cross-functionally that will ensure the success of our events with our global production partners.
- 7+ years of event management and planning experience, at least some of which has been gained in managing industry events and proprietary events
- Competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness, developing others. Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Have Digital/Virtual event expertise
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, articulate, and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as keen attention to detail.
- Possess a strong teamwork ethic; must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop up.
- Flexible work schedules and the willingness to travel (including potential evening, weekend and holiday work).
- Motivated, positive attitude, and results-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills: familiar with Google, Microsoft and Apple applications, Microsoft Office suite, Social Networking sites, collaborative team project software, etc.
- High-tech industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor´s (BA/BS) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience is required
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.