Company Name: AWS
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Events are one of the most important ways that we grow, connect, and inspire the Amazon Web (AWS) customer community. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, creative Event to manage the keynote across the AWS Summits .
Our ideal candidate has a passion for working with our teams to a model, while also being willing to roll up their sleeves and execute all tactical elements of the Americas events.
This role is open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
- Lead the AWS Summits Keynote and strategy.
Partner with the strategic communications team, responsible for developing the keynote , to drive a holistic vision for the keynotes reflective of the unique position AWS keynotes hold in the industry.
- Manage all phases of planning and executing live, virtual, and hybrid keynote .
- Build & maintain strong relationships with teams across AWS, especially event leadership, strategic communications, , teams, video, and event in identifying new opportunities and bringing those opportunities to life.
- Envision and deliver narratives and presentations, which clearly articulate the benefits and risks of potential opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to and manage best practices that support the delivery of objectives and key success metrics.
- Develop and maintain and production milestones. Own reporting, including status, priorities, risks (and mitigations), and action items. Ensure each team has the information and assets needed to effectively deliver their key priorities.
- Advise and engage stakeholders on advances and techniques in production, share knowledge/expertise, and drive alignment and accountability across the teams. Provide planning, direction, advisement, and knowledge in the development of the keynotes and related shows.
- Partner with finance and other key stakeholders to ensure effective budget planning, , and forecasting. Work closely across the teams to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Manage risks and issues, address resource conflicts, and generally remove blockers to ensure successful execution of plans. Have ability to recognize critical issues quickly and formulate mitigation strategies.
- Develop and manage needs and reporting of key success metrics and performance (primarily attendance, attendee satisfaction, and attendee engagement), and translate that to apply insights and enhance mechanisms and processes to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage relationships with external vendors/agencies to confirm full understanding of event objectives. Negotiate and review contracts; ensure work meets expectations, budgets, and established deadlines.
- Collaborate to design an on-brand, engaging, and entertaining walk-in experience for guests.
- Work with Amazon Protective on ensuring in-room security including backstage and seating.
- Have a keen involvement on other components of a keynote: Front of House , live streaming, overﬂowing, translation, closed caption, video, post-production, rehearsal schedule , etc.
- Ensure that once on-, all key AWS stakeholders are informed about status and schedule and are supported with any logistical needs.
- Post mortem writing, analyzing, presenting ﬁnal ﬁndings.
- Travel 30%-40% of the time
- 7+ years’ experience in event and event .
- Experience working on large scale, complex events with 10K+ attendees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, , communications, or similar OR an additional 4+ years’ experience in event and event .
- Excellent organizational and project skills to support time-sensitive requirements and tight deadlines. Strategic thinker and quick learner, with strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills. Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, creative thinking, and decision making.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Not afraid to try new things, be quirky and think creatively. Strive to not only meet the bar set previously, but drive to raise it.
- Quickly earn trust with vendors and executive producers.
- Experience in B2B or .
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable results.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience ﬁnding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender , sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $115k -160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers .
Company – Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1622523