Company Name: Datadog
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
How can you add value as a Senior Event Marketing Manager? From helping to define the processes, deliverables, and tactics that our events team employ to generate tens of thousands of leads a quarter, you will create or up-level the ways that Datadog goes about finding new prospective customers and upselling existing customers on new products. We give our Events team members the opportunity to investigate, pitch and execute new events to continuously grow the business.
As a Senior Event Marketing Manager on our Events Team, you’ll be responsible for rapidly scaling a series of events that will shape in-person and virtual go-to-market events supporting our products for different market segments, internationally and in regulated industries.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee planning, production, and execution of events globally, from large, hosted events to participation in industry trade shows to small, high touch executive activities, roadshows and training seminars
- Work closely with the Director of Events to ensure cohesive event strategy for regional markets
- Serve as event project manager for large scale global programs, responsibilities include, but are not limited to pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, vendor management, agenda development, show flow, event promotion and registration, printing, shipping, budget management, event staffing, on-site event management, event follow-up and metrics reporting
- Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip report
- Work closely with marketing, sales, product teams, PR, and executive management to achieve business goals via event marketing
- Work with the Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Marketing Operations, Sales, Customer Success, Growth Strategy and other related teams to optimize workflows that cross organizational lines to deliver well executed events
- Track and monitor response of all executed efforts; make contingency plans where necessary to meet attendee and other target goals
- Employ data analytics to effectively target event sponsors and attendees
- Keep event website current with up-to-date marketing copy
- Create and deliver ongoing reports on attendee numbers, campaign results and ROI
- Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget
- Expertly drive pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation
Who You Are:
- An experienced professional with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience within in-house Events and/or third-party trade shows
- An organization builder with previous experience in building event programs.
- A coach who loves to mentor, develop, and help employees grow in their careers
- A strong presenter with an ability to command an audience and convey your vision
- Available for travel up to 40% of the time
- Experienced with running an effective RFP process
- Strong experience working with production, AV, and general contractor vendors
- Event Management Agency experience
- Past B2C experience
- CPM or PMP certification
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $117,000 – $156,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.