Company Name: Benchling
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Senior Event Marketing Manager to join our impressive Corporate Marketing team. You will report into the Events team lead. This position is responsible for Benchling marquee events including our annual user conference, Benchtalk and global roadshow. The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for strategy and planning of Benchling marquee event in addition to managing metrics and reporting, and collaborating cross functionally with sales, marketing and product teams.
What You Will Work On
- Co-create event roadmap / strategy for Benchling owned events annually with the Head of Events, taking into account brand and business needs / goals, departmental requests, industry trends, Executive level desires
- Strategy, planning, and execution of Benchling’s marquee events (e.g. annual user conference, global customer roadshow)
- Think creatively about customer and prospect personas, and build high-caliber event experiences that are above expectations for attendees
- Day to day management our agency partners (RFPs, on-boarding, project management, etc.)
- Supporting internal communication and project management across multiple departments (sales, marketing, brand, comms, creative) on expectations, goals, deliverables, workstream progress, event logistics, etc.
- Reporting on the impact of marquee events including managing key metrics such as brand, engagement, pipeline, opportunity conversion, etc. and leveraging that data to inform existing and future programs.
- 8+ years experience in event marketing and large-scale owned events
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) and at all levels of an organization
Nice to have
- Experience creating experiences that go beyond the live event experience – both hybrid and virtual
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Exemplary executive presence and presentation skills.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
Perks And Benefits
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We’ve got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.