Company Name: Attentive
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an ambitious Senior Event Marketing Manager to join our team. In today’s changing event environment, this role will be responsible for the execution of virtual experiences (sponsored, proprietary, and partner), and well as our presence at conferences, proprietary events, and industry partner events once live events return. This role will work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership on event strategy, planning, and measurement.
- Planning: Work closely with the Sr. Director of Event Marketing in evaluating potential sponsored event opportunities, as well as developing brand new virtual and physical experiences with partner marketing and customer marketing.
- Creative Development: Proactively develop new ideas for the brand’s experiences, including agenda, attendee sign-up, logistics, event presence, activations, and processes. Work with the design team to develop creative briefs and make sure all event collateral is on brand and unique to its target audience & channel.
- Promotion: Develop a comprehensive internal and external promotion plan that maximizes awareness and lead generation before, during and after each event, in collaboration with growth, content, and design teams, and using digital tools such as Hubspot.
- Vendor Management: Manage external relationships with venues and vendors, including contract negotiation, spatial and AV planning, activation/swag/F&B, virtual vendors, mailer gifting, speaker agents.
- Content: Collaborate with customer marketing and partnerships to identify speakers for sponsored and proprietary events. Create interactive agendas for proprietary events that utilize the industry’s best practices. Fine tune session abstracts, decks and speaking notes.
- Operations: Manage the event marketing project planner, budget and internal resources for assigned projects. Coordinate inventory, ordering, and shipping of event-related materials.
- Measurement: Consistently track the ROI effectiveness of each event marketing activity (leads generated, deals influenced, deals closed, cost per lead, etc.). Work closely with sales to make sure all campaigns are followed through to maximize the impact of each event.
- Mentorship: Mentor and guide more junior team members. Assign and track team tasks on complex projects.
- 5+ years B2B event marketing experience, including trade shows and proprietary events (experience within e-commerce/retail vertical, partnership events and virtual events a plus).
- 7+ years total professional experience, with experience mentoring more junior team members.
- Genuine interest in mobile technology.
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills.
- Expert in project management, budget building, and tracking.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, On24, Monday.com and text messaging technology a plus.
- Availability to travel approximately once per month (only once it is safe to do so).
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement.
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap (once office reopens).
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events (virtual and in-person).
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.