Company Name: Appian Corporation
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Working within Appian’s Marketing team, the Senior Event Marketing Manager will assist in the global strategy, planning, and execution of a variety of hybrid and in-person marketing programs including trade shows and industry conferences. This role will also manage operational, implementation and post-program activities including lead formatting, program analysis, budget reconciliation and ROI reports.
- Define program strategy and develop milestones to drive program optimization, deliver high impact events, and drive pipeline to support revenue goals
- Collaborate with and provide tactical marketing direction to jointly build integrated marketing campaign plans
- Identify fiscal requirements, assist with preparing and tracking program budgets
- Manage onsite lead collection and meetings to ensure post program lead dissemination is efficient and supports lead follow up to meet program goals
- Continue to evolve lead gen and meeting strategy for our global programs to ensure we are maximizing our results from each show
- Track and report on key performance indicators and analyze program results and pipeline measurement
- Assist with research and feasibility studies to identify new global program opportunities for Appian that support lead generation and pipeline goals
- Manage the implementation of new tools and processes, develop mechanisms to measure and track success, provide ongoing documentation and communications to educate and influence
- Manage the design and build out of Appian booth properties and ensure that booth messaging and design remains relevant and compelling to the show audience
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- 8+ years of experience in an events tradeshow management role at an enterprisesoftware organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- An entrepreneurial spirit and proven ability to define processes and build programs
- Strong leadership characteristics and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies
- Proven success crafting and executing strategic, results-driven marketing programs and pipeline generation and growth
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Salesforce.com to analyze campaign data and track/measure marketing initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and comfortable managing ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be decisive, action-oriented, and be able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross teams to leverage resources effectively.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment for a high-growth organization
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .