Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Creative Senior Event Marketing Manager sought to ringmaster big, quirky event experiences at re: Invent, the world’s largest cloud computing conference. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on a rapidly growing event marketing team at Amazon Web Service (AWS).
The ideal candidate has passion for taking crazy ideas, improving upon them, and executing them at a world-class level. They should be one of the fastest thinkers in any room and demonstrate foresight when planning amazing events. They must be comfortable and motivated working as a collaborator, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as Executive Communications, Customer Engagement, leadership and vendors.
In this role, you will project manage multiple programs within re:Invent. You will work with multiple internal stakeholders while being responsible to manage the budget and timeline, as well as overseeing a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver high-quality events. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews, weekly team meetings, event check-ins and post event debriefs.
- Work closely with the creative team to implement a coordinated series of events-within an event, with elements that are often under refinement until the day of show.
- Have a strong POV on operational excellence and logistics management.
- Have a keen involvement on other components of a keynote level event including: video, post-production, rehearsal schedules management, etc.
- Work diligently close with creative and content teams in a free-following and collaborative environment.
Post mortem writing, analyzing, presenting final findings.
- Commitment to creativity and quirkiness; eagerness to share ideas on how to improve operational and logistical management of the events.
- Management and oversight skills to manage facilities and all event logistics at a including F&B, entertainment, transportation, as well as promotional and marketing materials, etc.\
- Collaborative attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day.
- 10+ year’s relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
- Written communication and verbal skills with the ability to gain alignment and problem solve collaboratively.
- Quickly earn trust with vendors and executive producers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve.
- Project and time management skills.
- Experience working on events with 20K+ attendees.
- Experience B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable results.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize projects.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women
/ Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.