Company Name: Yahoo
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
A little about us:
The Yahoo for Business Marketing team is responsible for bringing our stories and solutions to market, driving awareness of Yahoo and our products, and enabling Sales with the tools to succeed and drive revenue. Differentiating Yahoo in outstanding and innovative ways, building credibility and recognition, and messaging our value proposition are crucial to the success of this team.
- Manage & execute multiple events of any size including large scale at any one time (budgets usually $500k and above)
- Act as the key decision maker on events and strategic partner to stakeholders.
- Lead and manage virtual and live event production elements including but not limited to: tech and platform sourcing, all AV, F&B, transportation, emergency and security protocols, permitting processes, build-out and load-out operations, staffing and labor requirements, talent and executive management, budget management, vendor and agency sourcing, creative design and registration management.
- Establish event objectives and priorities with business, production and agency partners including earned and negotiated savings and other metrics.
- Develop and deliver regular executive-appropriate reporting on pre-event, during-event, and post-event performance against established targets.
- Ensure all marketing activities are value positive and aligned to business objectives and key results
- Management experience
- Direct or indirect reports (i.e., leading large teams vs. people management; tbd based on candidate experience)
- Ability to mentor and teach in all aspects of Event Management
- Provide both high level and detailed feedback
- Assist with short and long term career trajectories, growth and development
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in event marketing industry primarily focused on the management of large scale events
- Strong B2B virtual and live event experience, with a preference toward experience in the advertising and technology industry (i.e., AdWeek, CES, Cannes Lions, IAB NewFront, etc) or similar sized global customer-facing events
- Leadership qualities are recognized cross-functionally and by team members on any given project (please include examples).
- Proven track record creating, managing and executing business events, including demonstrated ROI
- Ability to manage internal and external partners & vendor relationships
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a high-energy, fast-paced global environment, striking the right balance of data and judgment to make high impact decisions.
- Superb verbal and written communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels and engage effectively with the most senior leaders.
- Expert in managing and mentoring team on roles and responsibilities ensuring all team members are meeting and exceeding the requirements of assigned roles and developing skills along the way
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.