Company Name: Shopmonkey
Location: Wisconsin, United States
Type: Full Time
Shopmonkey is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Event Manager. If you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, are passionate about creating innovative marketing event strategies, comfortable with problem-solving, and multiple hat-wearing, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
As the Senior Event Manager, you will define and execute Shopmonkey’s external, in-person events to grow Shopmonkey’s brand awareness and drive pipeline. Your contributions will be instrumental in hitting ambitious goals driving the growth of our company. You will also be responsible for operational execution of Shopmonkey’s internal events designed to provide inspiration and connectivity across the organization. These events include sales kickoffs and company summits, among others.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Research, design and implement Shomponkey’s presence at high-profile industry conferences and national trade shows.
- Develop and execute strategic event operations from concept to execution, which includes event timelines, budgets, planning, promotion, logistics, and post-event reporting to measure event success and strategy for improvements
- Set, drive, and measure KPIs and pipeline metrics for customer facing events ensuring YoY growth.
- Collaborate and partner with Sales and Customer Success teams, to align event strategy alongside business objectives
- Partner with People Ops to create and execute internal events for Shopmonkey employees, including sales kickoffs and company summits.
- Manage event assets and collateral to drive interest and participation
- Multi-task and lead several events simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Work alongside other marketing leaders as needed
- Travel: Approximately two physical events a quarter in the U.S.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in strategic events planning and measurement as well as specific full cycle trade show execution
- The desire to consistently enhance and innovate events, bringing new ideas to the table
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on event day
- Excellent eye for detail, organized, thorough, and a creative thinker and problem solver
- Exceptional project management experience and strong communication skills
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $95,000 to $110,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.