Company Name: Index Exchange
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, and data-driven Senior Event Manager to plan and manage the strategy and execution of Index-owned events and external sponsorships, as well as ad-hoc virtual events. This role will have a primary focus on initiatives that aim to drive brand awareness, advocacy, and customer engagement. We’re a customer-first company, and the individual will need to bring unique ways to build brand appreciation.This position reports directly to Head of International Marketing & Communications, based in London (UK), but will work globally with members of the Sales, Services, and wider Marketing organization to ensure the main outcomes for the business are achieved.
What We’re Looking For
Success in this role requires the ability to define an event strategy, set goals, outline metrics, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of industry events that position Index competitively, and work across teams and time zones to inform and implement these event strategies. You will need to be comfortable establishing clear processes, best practices, and acting as the direct point person for key stakeholders and vendors during the planning, on-site, and post-event phases, as well as provide full-service logistical support throughout the event. The individual will need to be comfortable from setting up a high-level strategy and executive meetings to bringing this vision to life through strong ownership. The ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with budget management, exceptional attention to detail, and previous experience at relative industry events.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- End-to-end event process, from intimate customer engagements to larger-scale events: Ideation, planning, internal/external communication, budgeting, reporting, executing, and delivering world-class programs focused on delivering quality ROI, and measurable business impact.
- Unique perspective in creating memorable customer experiences with a high quality bar
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with stakeholder needs as well as Index Exchange strategic bets.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders including leadership.
- Independently engage key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners throughout the event planning and execution process to identify event objectives, content strategy, goals, attendee list, communications, speaker management, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships to execute events and activations on-time and within defined budget parameters using Index’s business, finance, and legal guidelines.
- Lead negotiations on cost, terms and conditions, and scope of work for event suppliers and venues.
- Utilize project management skills making efficient use of all resources to execute projects, including risk management, issue resolution, change management, and contingency planning.
- Define and execute pre-, during and post-event communications activities.
- Manage event budgets related to your responsibilities.
Here’s What You Need
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities–on time and within budget.
- Experience defining program requirements and using metrics to determine improvements.
- Experience working across multiple teams and disciplines collaboratively and effectively.
- Experience with large-scale event budget management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to develop strategy by taking broad visions and developing structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics, and then executing on those plans.
- Understanding of brand representation within internal and external projects.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with the digital media marketplace and programmatic advertising would be an asset.
The base salary for this role is $97,000 to $132,000.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.