Company Name: BMC Software
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success.
Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success—and when customers thrive, we all do.
BMC offers bold and fearless career-seekers like you the opportunity to expand your skills, your network, and your horizons as you work to enable customer growth and innovation every day. You will be surrounded by peers who inspire you, drive you, support you, and make you laugh out loud, in an environment that fosters individuality, respect, and personal ambition.
This Event Manager position is responsible for overall event support of the Corporate Marketing Events team as well as leading 3rd party industry events and managing large budgets and vendor relationships.
- Overall event support with securing contracts, payments for all events and follow up with procurement related deliverables as needed. Responsibilities includes entering WebReqs and following them through the approval, getting event contracts submitted or back to the requestor, increasing POs as needed, paying for events on Pcard, managing prepaid billing with finance, etc.
- Overall trade show and event coordination for all corporate events to include shipping and return of materials, rental of booth property, managing inventory, ordering giveaways, and coordinating onsite logistics.
- Lead 3rd party events from conception through delivery by working with cross functional teams and ensuring alignment to the vision and goals of the business.
- Define and measure success metrics for events implementing changes to increase marketing pipeline and lead generation growth by 10% YoY.
- Create presentations and detailed event briefs to update stakeholders on event plan and post event execution/metrics.
- Support for global internal events in areas such as: attendee management, chatter group creation, registration reporting, group dining logistics, and executive support pre-event and onsite.
- Budget management and reconciliation of 3rd party event budgets you lead each month as well as overall Corporate Marketing Event team budget reconciliation quarterly with finance.
- Manage storage room in Houston and inventory content and organization of room including maintaining the supplies needed for events and events team office supply needs.
- Create and maintain Microsoft OneDrive site of important documents that can be shared with the larger internal key holder team.
- Help determine and order premium purchases/giveaways for all events and trade shows and manage inventory of these items.
- Two to four years of Corporate and administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Superior customer service oriented attitude and “can do” personality
- Experience with administrative and event coordination in the technology field
- Excellent budget management skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.