Company Name: American Express Global Business Travel
Location: New York City, NY (Remote)
Type: Full Time
The Senior Event Manager role will be responsible for a complete end to end management of events including sourcing, group air, logistics, financial management and delivery. They will manage the process from meeting qualification call and initial venue proposal to post project financial reconciliation and work on a range of client account types and teams. Focus of this role will be on overall client retention in terms of establishing a professional long-term relationship, service excellence and account growth, ensuring all processes followed are robust, time management is efficient with attention is given to developing and growing our business.
- Will run their own events, including large complex meetings where they may be numerous project team members, junior and mid planners
- Attend pitch presentations when pitching for new business and may assist with the preparation of these presentations.
- Communicating and negotiating with suppliers in terms of rates, conditions and contracts, budget management etc.
- Managing relationship with client and ensure timely and appropriate updates on project status
- Manage project team members – including resource management (allocating tasks and duties) and assisting with recruitment of team members
- Overseeing of operational management of the event database (planning, registration)
- Logistical coordination of the event – including but not limited to: accommodation, catering, dinners, transfers, activities, gifts etc
- Maximising of revenue per event and understanding of overall contribution to revenue and P&L
- Excellent product knowledge and ability to cross sell products where possible.
- Policy management – risk and Health & Safety analysis, crisis management, and contingency planning – train junior members of the team
- Budget management – manage large/complex budgets, maintain working versions and final detailed reconciliations, process supplier and client invoices, manage cash flow and payment schedules
- Sound Company product knowledge and ability to cross sell products where possible
- Analytical Reasoning – using analysis of today’s meeting data for future event delivery
- Financial and Data Reporting per event, per client
- Additional duties as requested
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Solid experience in a similar role within the Events industry.
- Fluent Business English
- Additional languages are a benefit to the role
- Customer care excellence
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in budget management, invoicing and data/finance reporting.
- Flexibility and Ability to adapt
- Able to work well in a Team
- Used to working under pressure
- High flexibility, ability to adapt to work in a fast-paced environment and under dead-lines.
- High level of attention to detail
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.