Company Name: Wells Fargo
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Event Management Specialist to be part of the Wells Fargo Meetings and Events (WFME) team. This position will be responsible for planning, producing and successfully executing digital events for Business Groups and Enterprise Functions. The Strategy & Transformation team leads strategy, operating model, and cross-functional initiatives for Public Affairs.
In This Role, You Will
- Manages and executes all logistical aspects of major/enterprise level, multi-day meetings, conferences or events or manage longer-term projects.
- Drives transformation, risk management, operational excellence, and efficiency, while measuring progress against our strategy, focusing resources, and defining success measures
- Conducts site visits/inspections to insure suitability and capability of vendors
- Prepares requests for vendor bids and reviews bids for competitiveness; negotiates site and service contracts for facilities, transportation, lodging, food, entertainment, events, and related activities
- Advises clients on format, speakers, activities and/or entertainment; plans; advises on, reviews, and manages program budgets.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing vendor relationships to ensure they are cost-effective and deliver quality service.
- Fosters relationships with LOB liaisons and displays leadership skills in managing and executing meetings.
- Evaluates event effectiveness and future improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement project processes, procedures & performance metrics.
- Involved in planner industry forums and is actively involved and up to date on industry trends.
- Develops recommendations and presents to/influences decisions of senior management.
- Ensures adherence to compliance and privacy regulations and policies.
- Responsible for identifying and managing all inherent risks. May mentor and/or coach a small team and acts as the main liaison between one LOB.
- Drives discussions with business partners on scope, providing guidance and recommendations on logistics, communication methodologies and contingency planning during the event lifecycle
- 5+ years of Event Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Corporate meeting & event planning experience
- Experience hosting or leading digital events and meetings using various platforms such as Zoom, Skype, Live Events, Kaltura, Intrados, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Blue and C-Suite
- Experience in Recognition/Incentive Meeting & Event Development and Execution
- Advance Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of AV production terms, equipment, and methodologies
- Experience in Financial Industry Corporate Event Planning and management a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- NY-New York Pay Range: 87,700- 155,900 Annually
- Salary Range is determined by location of job.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.