Company Name: Deloitte
Location: Stamford, CT
Type: Full Time
If you enjoy coordinating, planning, and managing meetings and events; are engaging, proactive, and detail-oriented; work well and thrive within a team environment; and are passionate about providing an outstanding customer experience, join us!
Event Coordinators are responsible for the planning and execution of medium to large scale in-office meetings and events for our Deloitte professionals and clients. They manage and/or coordinate the end-to-end planning and execution process for customers working with and leveraging team members and vendors for successful day-of delivery.
As an Event Coordinator at Deloitte your responsibilities will include:
- Consulting and driving the event process on behalf of the customer providing expertise, support, and guidance in areas such as: menu planning, room selection and set-up, sourcing and securing vendors, logistical planning, and day-of execution
- Maximizing meeting space utilization by supporting the reservation and meeting space management process working with customers and the team to effectively use meeting space including addressing space conflicts and negotiating space needs
- Supporting day-of execution including coordination with team/vendors, last minute logistical needs, ensuring effective set-up/execution of event and providing course correcting instructions/directions, when needed
- Managing and fostering relationships with team, vendors, customers and other key stakeholders through effective communications, collaboration, and engagement with purpose to deliver a “best in class” event experience
- Performing post event duties such as expense processing, invoice reconciliation, event success assessments and assisting with next steps such as providing feedback to team/vendors to improve process
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong technical skills
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Willingness to be cross-trained in other office support service areas for back-up support and assume additional responsibilities/projects when necessary and as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of related hospitality or office support experience in a corporate, hospitality, service-oriented or customer-centric environment
- High school diploma
- proficient in Microsoft Office
- Associate/bachelor’s degree
- Advanced experience in all Microsoft Office applications
- Hospitality/corporate background with focus on event planning