Company Name: Cognizant
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
As part of the Global Events team, the Senior Event Planner will work closely within Global Marketing to manage in-person and virtual client-facing and internal events in order to increase Cognizant’s brand awareness and market influence. Reporting to the geographical team lead, the position is responsible for providing full-scale strategic event, marketing, and project management within the Cognizant event portfolio. The ideal candidate should possess strong organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and communications skills. He/she needs to be proactive in anticipating event/project needs, have the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet aggressive deadlines, and be a valuable partner to all stakeholders, management, and leadership.
- Provide strategic marketing support for events within specific assigned BU(s) and/or countries in order to meet business goals and priorities
- Provide full-scale event logistics support for corporate events, external client facing events, tradeshows, training sessions, town halls, roadshows, recruiting events, virtual events, etc.
- Collaborate on the development of marketing campaigns and recommend global events that Cognizant should sponsor/host
- Serve as the project manager for all groups involved in the event planning process – marketing, creative, communications, social media, etc. and provide guidance around internal/external Global Events SOPs, Cognizant’s compliance policies, and leadership’s expectations
- Partner with field marketing and stakeholders to develop marketing materials such as client invitations, brochures, signage, digital ads, email communications, etc.
- Manage budgets, food and beverage orders, audio visual orders, rooming lists, signage/displays orders, transportation requests, contract speakers or entertainers, procure promotional products, etc.
- Maintain registrations sites, communications, client meetings, mobile apps, and feedback surveys through Cvent, a web-based event management tool
- Generate and present advanced post-event recaps, reporting and analytics
- Confidently and professionally present marketing concepts and event updates on budget spend to management and leadership
- Strive to learn and research new innovative concepts and tools to enhance event experiences
- Create client experiential events in alignment with sales and marketing strategy and objectives
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices to enhance meeting and event quality
- Manage and mentor team members on assigned events and/or projects, as needed
- Provide onsite support, both independently and as a team, when needed
- Work on Global Events projects, as needed
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Event Management, or Communications preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Event Planning and Project Management with a B2C and B2B background
- Experience executing multiple events of varying types in a high paced, evolving environment with short deadlines
- Strong knowledge of the meetings industry, innovation, vendors & event technologies
- Skilled in negotiating commercial terms for event-related contracts and work with Procurement, legal, and Insurance to ensure terms and conditions have minimal risk to Cognizant
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, flexible, and able to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to proactively guide strategy and implementation
- Enjoy cross-organizational collaboration, work in a team environment, and share knowledge
- Confident in working with and presenting information to management and executive leadership
- Ability to use good judgement when developing creative and resourceful solutions to ensure stakeholder’s needs are met
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; writing samples required
- Experience with Virtual Meeting Platforms (GoToWebinar, ON24, Zoom, Accelevents, Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, ClickWebinar, etc.)
- Familiar with project management and collaboration tools (Workfront, BOX)
- Proficient in Cvent and Microsoft Office Applications (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint); advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and mail merges is required
- Hybrid environment (in-office and virtual)
- Travel is required
- Early hours, weekends, nights, or holidays required may be required
- Light physical effort required when onsite (packing, unpacking, shipping, event/exhibit install/dismantle); lift up to 30lbs
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time in various conditions
- Relocation not provided
Salary And Other Compensation
The annual salary for this position is between $[80K – 97K] depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.