Company Name: Genesys
Location: North Carolina, United States
Type: Full Time
The Genesys Demand Generation team is looking for a seasoned B2B Sr. Director of Strategic Events to create and execute our global events strategies, specifically focusing on creating memorable experiences with measurable pipeline influence and attribution. Your plans will align with our corporate vision and integrated marketing priorities and be a significant revenue driver for the business.
You will collaborate with other go-to-market leaders and external partners to deliver exceptional experiences that resonate with our target personas, deepen our relationships, help drive vendor preference with our prospects, have higher lifetime value from our customers, and improve employee loyalty. You will elevate the performance of Genesys events by challenging the status quo, making data-driven decisions, and leading the team with passion and enthusiasm.
In this role, you and your team of world-class event marketers will oversee end-to-end event planning and execution for our annual industry conference, Xperience, all Tier 1 industry conferences globally, our annual go-to-market kickoff event, and our President’s Club event.
- Build and host the best annual industry conference, Xperience, where we will gather customers and prospects to hear about the latest industry trends and product advancements, network with peers, and, more generally, be inspired.
- Own your numbers – being accountable for both the attendance and engagement of your events and the later impact on pipeline and revenue influence.
- Lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution of all Tier 1 industry events globally, which includes defining our presence, ensuring we show up in a way that showcases our industry-leading solution and vast customer success, and identifying ways to scale our presence at industry events globally.
- Responsible for leading a team of direct reports with responsibilities including team meetings, performance reviews, day-to-day people leadership and ongoing coaching and development.
- Align messaging across all events by collaborating with internal subject matter experts. The output will be thought-provoking content and speaker engagements across our internal and external events.
- Work closely with Sales Leadership across all global regions to understand customer needs and objectives to ensure our programs are built with the customer’s experience in mind.
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation leadership team and be responsible for the execution of integrating strategic events into all relevant channels and functions – driving attendance and digital engagement and coordinating sales and SDR follow-up.
- Effectively navigate and leverage the voice and reach of our executive stakeholders to amplify our event presence, both internally and externally.
- Build, maintain, and improve relationships with existing sponsors, partners, industry analysts, media, and other critical stakeholders to ensure continued engagement and advocacy at our events
- 10+ years of experience driving demand generation, looking for broader experience outside of Event marketing.
- 7+ years of tactical, event planning, and execution experience — we want someone who has done the job themselves.
- Deep understanding of the customer service market: contact centers, field service, customer experience, CRM, or related solutions
- Demonstrated experience developing teams that share a common purpose and are motivated to deliver results.
- The ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment – with demonstrated experience leading others through influence.
- Experience working with C-suite stakeholders on high-impact projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly collaborative and flexible
$145,600.00 – $302,400.00
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Fertility treatments
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.