Company Name: Tableau Software
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Tableau is seeking an experienced, creative and highly motivated Sr. Director of Events to oversee a portfolio of global events. Tableau’s events deliver unique and memorable experiences, rich education and product training and opportunities to make lasting networking and community connections. At its core, this role is about shepherding a team that delivers innovative, never-seen before experiences and installations for our data-fanatic customers and prospects.
The Sr. Director will be responsible for driving the strategy and overseeing a large portfolio of global events, ranging from trade shows, to campaign events to large-scale conferences. This role empowers a team of event professionals to strategize, plan and execute world-class events. Working cross-functionally, the Sr. Director will align with executives and collaborate with internal stakeholders to innovate, design and deliver impactful events that thrill and delight attendees.
Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Oversee the development of Tableau’s global event strategy and portfolio, ensuring it aligns to business objectives and improves the effectiveness and impact of events.
- Work across the organization, ensuring alignment with executives on the global event strategy, execution and measurement. Collaborate internally with leadership in marketing, sales, product, finance, sourcing, design and HR to drive internal support, awareness and efficiencies.
- Oversee the events team, ensuring event team leaders are empowered and resourced to lead and execute events with their teams. Work to build an exceptional team and provide guidance for the team’s professional development and performance management.
- Oversee the innovation and development of Tableau’s events portfolio, keeping Tableau ahead of the curve and an events trend setter, while maintaining a strong focus on customer experience, engagement and brand alignment. Explore and nurture contacts and relationships with industry leaders, ensuring strong vendor relationships and innovation.
- Oversee the events team operations, including the P&L for the full suite of events, supporting in sourcing and contracts when needed, driving organizational efficiencies and facilitating reporting. Always focused on solution orientated and creative approaches to complex and time sensitive challenges.
Who You Are…
- Experienced. 15+ years successfully supporting global customer, partner and prospect events with demonstrated experience overseeing a large event portfolio and team.
- Performer. Proven track record of supporting, large scale global, corporate events. Experience in tech events, including city-wide conferences desired.
- Strategic. Experience building an event portfolio that meets the business goals and can demonstrate impact on those goals.
- Leader. Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and gain executive alignment. Experience managing a large team and coaching teams to excellence.
- Innovator. Proven track record facilitating and driving innovation, thinking outside the box, while ensuring value and purpose.
- Communicator. Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal who can articulate the mission, vision, and purpose for the entire suite of Tableau events. Solution-focused and demonstrates Tableau’s culture and corporate values.
- Know Events Inside and Out. Preferred strong experience but must have at least a working knowledge including but not limited to the following: P&L and budget management, sponsorship development and execution, live-streamed events, logistics, marketing and revenue/ticket acquisition best practices, contract management including collaboration with sourcing and legal, trade show planning and execution, campaign events, executive events, housing/hotel contracts, F&B, brand activations, signage/structures, technology tools including websites, mobile apps, registration systems, AR/VR, and technology infrastructure such as network and AV.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.