Company Name: Salesforce
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Type: Full Time
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Our World Tour portfolio brings together the energy, innovation and magic that is our global community of customers, partners and employees across the globe! We need an event marketing powerhouse who can lead teams internally and externally while delivering unparalleled business results. This person will lead the event strategy and logistics while partnering across all teams and agencies as a courageous communicator working collaboratively to bring all programming to life, streamlining processes and encouraging efficiencies. This position operates in a highly matrixed environment with a high number of remote team members and a constantly evolving landscape. Flexibility, effective prioritization, and thoughtful evaluation skills are a must.
- Lead the event experiential design process with key internal and executive partners
- Manage timelines, budgets, priority pivots and final decisions from an event programming perspective
- Lead hard-working cross functional collaborators to ensure event key performance indicators and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Salesforce brand is held to the highest standard
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) and work with internal teams: strategic experiences, creative, demand gen, event tech, social, sponsorships, sales, field marketing, etc.
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative extremely fast paced environment
- Assist in managing multi-million dollar event budget including tracking changes orders, funding gaps, and reconciliation with the capacity to make strategic decisions that impact the business
- Complete event goals, create and track important metrics
- Motivate and direct team of event marketing individuals towards event objectives as well as logistical excellence
- Comfortable with and effective at communicating and presenting complex strategies to executive leadership team
- Understand the Salesforce brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging and appropriate space allocations within each venue
- Experience with venue contracting, procurement, PO processing, RFPs
- Oversee all pre, onsite and post event logistics and analytics
- Experience with digital event technology and attendee engagement tools
- Evaluate event performance, post-event return on investment tracking, and wrap-up reports
What is absolutely necessary to be considered?
- Minimum 10+ years professional work experience in event marketing, preferably in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment; Bachelor’s degree or proven experience desired
- A collaborative marketer who is passionate about creating amazing experiences and integrated attendee journeys
- Dedicated team leader with a proven track record in mentoring and inspiring teams
- Excellent budget management, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project management skills and experience, including handling multiple cross-functional internal collaborators, partners, and events vendors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to team members
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to travel globally for in-person events as needed; 35-50% travel
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.