Company Name: Salesforce
Location: New York, NY (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Dreamforce is one of the largest tech events of its kind bringing together the energy, passion and magic that is our global community of customers, partners and employees. We need an event marketing powerhouse who can lead teams internally and externally to make Dreamforce the best integrated show on the planet. This person will lead the event strategy and logistics while partnering across all teams and agencies as a courageous communicator working collaboratively to bring all programming to life, streamlining processes and encouraging efficiencies. This position operates in a highly matrixed environment with a high number of remote team members and a constantly evolving landscape. Flexibility, effective prioritization, and thoughtful evaluation skill sets are a must.
- Lead the event experiential design process with key internal and executive stakeholders
- Manage timelines, budgets, priority pivots and final decisions from an event programming perspective
- Lead high-performing cross functional stakeholders to ensure event KPI’s and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Dreamforce brand is held to the highest standard
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) and work with internal teams: strategic experiences, creative, demand gen, event tech, social, sponsorships, etc.
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative extremely fast paced environment
- Assist in managing multi-million dollar event budget including tracking changes orders, funding gaps, and reconciliation with the capacity to make strategic decisions that impact the business
- Execute on event goals, create and track measurements and metrics including event surveys
- Motivate and direct extended team of strategic experience individuals towards event objectives as well as logistical excellence
- Comfortable with and effective at communicating and presenting complex strategies to executive leadership team
- Understand the Salesforce brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging and appropriate real estate allocation across the Dreamforce campus
- Understanding of COVID protocols for in person events
- Experience with venue contracting, procurement, PO processing, RFPs
- Oversee all pre, onsite and post event logistics and analytics
- Experience with digital event technology and attendee engagement tools
- Evaluate event performance, post-event ROI tracking, and wrap-up reports
Minimum qualifications: What is absolutely necessary to be considered?
- Minimum 15+ years professional work experience in event marketing, preferably in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment; Bachelor’s degree or proven experience desired
- A collaborative marketer who is passionate about creating amazing experiences and integrated attendee journeys
- Dedicated team leader with a proven track record in mentoring and inspiring teams
- Excellent budget management, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project management skills and experience, including handling multiple cross-functional internal stakeholders, partners, and events vendors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to travel globally for in-person events as needed
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $167,400. You may also be entitled to receivebonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .