Company Name: Okta
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Okta is looking for a seasoned Event Marketer and leader to join our world-class Events Marketing team. This person will have experience managing a team and be a self-starter with a strategic and proactive approach. We are looking for someone with a broad range of event marketing experience. The ideal candidate will possess strong marketing, strategy and organizational skills as well as exceptional communication and leadership skills. They must be flexible with change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
This role will create and own the end-to-end strategy for Okta’s corporate events portfolio including demand generation, content development, partner MDF strategy, creative and brand alignment and ensuring world-class execution in both live and hybrid digital event experiences. The portfolio includes but is not limited to Oktane, the company’s annual conference, Showcase, Global Forums and our annual Developer Series.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in tandem with leadership on the vision and strategy for the Corporate Events portfolio
- Lead, manage and mentor a high-performing team of event marketers to ensure goals and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Okta brand is well represented
- Deliver end to end strategy including demand generation, enablement, content strategy, production and ensure consistency in global messaging and branding
- Responsible for modeling revenue models and program budgets
- Drive economies of scale across the events team and resources that can be extended across multiple events
- Partner closely with other event leaders and business leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment on event goals and target outcomes
- Maintain a network of partners to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, and onsite logistics.
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- 15+ years experience in corporate event marketing
- Excellent knowledge of demand generation and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing.
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- A dedicated leader who is passionate about creating amazing experiences and mentoring a team.
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.