Company Name: MCNC
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full Time
MCNC is a technology non-profit that builds, owns, and operates a leading-edge broadband infrastructure network for North Carolina’s research, education, non-profit healthcare, and other community anchor institutions. Our network provides protected high-speed Internet access to education, healthcare, public safety, electric co-ops, libraries, and a range of other entities across the state. The secure operation of the network is vital to the services we provide to those clients and in serving people throughout the state.
This position is responsible for maintaining and improving MCNC’s client engagement, marketing strategy, and promoting our unique position in the marketplace. The position will engage the organization internally to enhance our already strong client service functions, marketing of MCNC services, and ensure client outreach and performance remain at the forefront of the organization’s operations. The position will have ultimate responsibility for the successful management of all MCNC client relationships, developing new business, growing existing client base, and providing input on client needs. The position will oversee the branding, marketing, and communication vision to promote MCNC’s unique position in the marketplace, including external events. This role will have the opportunity to evolve further as MCNC continues to grow its service offerings and expand our operations across the state.
This position requires the ability to work independently, manage a team, and engage senior management and all members of the organization. This position is primarily based out of the Research Triangle Park, NC and will require some travel within the state of North Carolina and out-of-state travel as applicable.
This role will be the organizational leader overseeing:
Sales Leadership and Strategy:
● Partner with President/CEO and MCNC Leadership Teams to create one client vision. This will include developing messaging, and driving client culture focus and enhancements. Work cross-functionally as a Senior Leadership Team member to drive client initiatives and enhance existing client-facing functions.
● Develop and implement the ideal client experience for new and existing MCNC products and services, Enhance MCNC’s strong, client-centric culture, including accountability and ownership at all levels of the organization.
● Identify and build relationships with current and prospective clients to understand how MCNC can best serve our clients and grow our offerings
● Prepare and conduct client-facing presentations and represent MCNC at various events and to a range of audiences.
● Promote strategic collaboration with entities at the State/Local government, service providers, and other groups as needed.
● Establish initiatives and metrics for client engagement across the organization. Oversee all client engagement initiatives and metrics, including surveys and feedback analysis.
● Work closely with other leadership team members in responding to and identifying RFP opportunities
● Hold ultimate responsibility for all marketing, branding, digital content strategy, campaigns, and communications strategies and budgets to align with and enhance the organization’s strategic objectives, vision, and mission.
● Create a strong public relations practice that includes metrics to determine effectiveness of PR activities
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● 15+ years’ experience in client engagement, marketing and/or communications.
● Experience working with higher education, K-12 educational institutions, libraries, government, healthcare, research institutions, or other non-profit organizations.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to actively listen to and comfortably collaborate with business partners at all levels and to build and use effective working relationships within your own department and across the organization.
● Demonstrated competence in writing for a variety of audiences and in a variety of styles coupled with excellent editing and oral communication skills with the ability to deliver creative and quality work.
● Strategic thinker with strong business knowledge and organizational savvy, resulting in innovative solutions to address business needs.
● Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and providing annual work-plan for direct reports, including annual performance reviews.
● Strong organizational and supervisory/management skills. Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing teams and follow through on commitments.
● Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven.
● Comfortable broaching new, innovative ideas and working through the processes to deliver valuable outcomes.
● Adept at planning, organizing, and controlling communications programs and projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
● Ability to work with various levels of management and cross-functional teams.
● High literacy of various office applications (MS Office Suite, etc.)
● Creativity and persistence to accomplish goals and objectives with limited resources.
● Ability to effectively manage outside vendors, contractors, and consultants.
● This role will be required to adhere to the MCNC Substance Abuse policy, which may include drug/alcohol screening at hire and periodically or randomly during employment.
● Annual background and sex offender checks will be performed for pre-employment and throughout your time with the company due to the need to visit K-12 school properties.
● Travel to MCNC client locations or to represent MCNC at events will be required in this position.
● Master’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related fieldSignificant understanding of a non-profit environment or broadband network provider operations.
● Exceptional creative experience in branding, marketing, and communicating the niche and value of our non-profit organization.
● Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices.
● Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
● Excels in time management. Manages multiple projects effectively and completes tasks within stated timeframes.
MCNC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.