Company Name: Ingram Micro Cloud
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
We are hiring a Senior Event Planner who is self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented. You’ll be responsible for the organization and delivery of Ingram Micro Cloud global events. These events include but are not limited to conferences, meetings, trade shows, incentives, board meetings, and product launches. The selected talent will lead a team of internal/external industry professionals with the logistics organization and delivery of Ingram Micro Cloud’s complex multi-day, multi-element events in amazing places all over the world including Paris, Tokyo, New York City, Singapore, Mexico City, Athens, and London to name a few. Event attendee numbers will range from 10 to 2000+ attendees. This position is accountable for the determined financial plan, results, and reconciliation related to these events; manages client expectations with the team including the Director of Cloud Events and is the single point of contact with the client.
Cloud Global Events Mission Statement: Conceptualize and execute high-value global customer event experiences & activations resulting in satisfied customers for both, Ingram Micro Cloud & CloudBlue businesses.
- Function as a team leader, leading the logistics organization, planning and financial reconciliation with Ingram Micro Cloud’s multi-element conferences such as Cloud Summit, industry events such as Microsoft Inspire and VIP events such as Wimbledon, World Cup, F1 racing and much, much more.
- Manage inventory of all promotional/gifting items from activations within the events organization. Closely work with various vendors & Internal team warehouse storage facilities to track, ship, consolidate and provide reporting on a bi-weekly basis.
- Manage Cloud Events Team Calendar including Internal and Industry events and maintain future years outlook.
- Responsible for well-planned, well organized, well-delivered events
- Manage client expectations by fostering a trusting partnership; offer consultation to meet goals and objectives; provide program updates; budget reviews; and transparency in all aspects of program organization.
- Responsible for timely reconciliation of event program expenses vs. budgets to clients; strengthen the relationship with clients and offers individual recognition of a well-done event.
- Learn and utilize Cloud Events team project management systems, company purchase programs and travel/expense tools to efficiently manage all events.
- Provide consultation where needed, assess needs, ensure compliance with Ingram Micro Cloud’s policies as procedures (gift cards; liability waivers, certificate of insurance, etc.).
- Collaborate with fellow Event planners to successfully achieve our team’s mission statement.
- Coordinate daily and weekly communications with Director of Cloud Events on current activations/events and reconciliation/reporting on completed event programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or additional relevant experience in related field
- 5+ year of experience in one of the following in service/hospitality, meeting/event planning and travel management
- Certification as CMP, Certified Meeting Planner is preferred or relevant training
- Coursework in the following areas preferred: Communications, Budgeting, Writing, Travel, Hotel & Conventions Services, Trade Shows, and Event Planning
- Experience in problem-solving and process improvement
- Experience leading various, large group events is mandatory
- Professional appearance and positive attitude is a must
- Must have excellent negotiations and organization skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage multiple programs and prioritize accordingly
- Experience with account reconciliation and holding events budgets
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with work schedule based on events calendar
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time, job will require working non-traditional or extended hours
- Experience working closely with a direct sales team and executives
- Self-motivated, energetic, and results oriented
- This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Why Ingram Micro?
- Competitive tech industry salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Matching
- Vacation + Sick Days
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Bonus Opportunities
- Benefits start on day one
- Swag from the coolest vendors in Tech
- Mentorship & Career Growth Opportunities
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.