Company Name: KPMG US
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team. KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Event and Meeting Planner to join our Events & Meetings team.
- Plan and execute internal and client facing events to include but not limited to, innovative event concept development, elevation of the attendee experience, logistics management, project timeline management, contract negotiations, budgeting and approvals, data analysis and reporting, and on-site execution
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across multiple business groups and functions; understand multiple practice or industry objectives, and help to ensure that events delivered are aligned and support the firm’s strategic priorities
- Produce timely deliverables, while maintaining integrity through process compliance and risk management
- Provide solution-oriented recommendations, manage to budget parameters while managing client/stakeholder expectations
- Collaborate with Events and Meetings colleagues to share industry updates, promote best practices, focus on synergies and consistency, and foster a culture of innovation to highlight a client-centric approach in alignment with the KPMG values
- Minimum three years of recent experience in events and meeting planning, preferably within a professional services firm
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgement skills to support an environment driven by client focus and teamwork
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Cvent experience or knowledge preferred
- Experience in professional relationship building and key client/stakeholder management; able to ideate, create, plan, and execute executive-level events consistently meeting and exceeding key stakeholder event objectives
- Ability to travel up to 25%
KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.