Company Name: IBM
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
IBM Quantum is hiring an Events Manager to help us engage and grow the quantum computing community. In this role, you must have a passion for technology, and would benefit from experience in an open source developer community. Above all, you must be a dot connector across many internal and external stakeholders, comfortable with complex problem solving and ambiguity. You must be able to deliver clear content and creative strategies to address both how community advocacy can help people solve real problems and discover learning paths for meaningful adoption of IBM technology. This is a very challenging, but fun job for the right person!
You will need solid organizational skills and ability to juggle and prioritize projects and tasks, while being flexible to change and able to manage and support multiple projects concurrently. The ideal candidate will be proactive and demonstrate initiative, able to manage day-to-day workflow with minimal supervision. Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills as well good oral and written communication are a must. Key to the success of any candidate on this team is a passion for community building ass well as dedication to diversity and inclusion.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience planning, producing, and executing engaging events in both a face to face and virtual space (1-3 years)
- Familiarity with virtual events and communication platforms (Slack, Discord, etc.) (1-3 years)
- Experience communicating needs and priorities to internal and external partners; work with the relevant stakeholders to identify requirements, risks, and success criteria; clearly convey program and project goals, performance, and success metrics across multiple audiences and goals (1-3 years)
- Demonstrated ability to work with development and marketing teams and departments to deliver physical and digital assets in support of digital engagement, such as interactive demos, trials/evaluations, and user forums/communities (1-3 years)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with development leaders, management, and executives to strategically identify community development opportunities and develop new and targeted experiences to address reflecting current business and community objectives (for example: Vendor and virtual platform research. Identifying and creating community assets (event guides) (1-3 years)
- Experience developing and managing project and communication plans with clear milestones, cross-departmental leads, and deadlines (1-3 years)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Background in community building & engagement
- Training in diversity, equity, and inclusion and experience applying this training
- Experience building developer or research communities through in-person or digital experiences
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.