Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Protective Services Global Event team is looking for a highly motivated Security and Event Technical Program Manager to support Amazon events and executives globally. This position focuses on the safety, security and privacy of our customer teams, vendors and associates while ensuring business continuity. We’re a fast paced, highly dynamic and mobile team that partners across Amazon teams globally; travel domestic and internationally is required and extensive.
Key Job Responsibilities
The qualified candidate for this role will have, be able to perform or has had experience with the following:
- Develops and manages customized event technology security plans for specialized and sensitive events worldwide.
- Design and deploys security, surveillance, and access control systems at scale globally
- Manages end to end organization-wide security initiatives, gets buy in from stakeholders, and delivers quantifiable results
- Able to think strategically and creatively while executing methodically with high attention to detail, operational excellence and ability to multi-task
- Stays tuned to best practices and trends in the industry. Researches, develops, designs and tests a variety of equipment, components, products and systems with the goal of fully optimizing and leveraging our investments.
- Able to lead by influence and earn trust across all levels
- Provides strategic oversight of multiple programs, able to deal with ambiguity and establish clear strategy
- Conducts pre-event site assessments, manages security, law enforcement and vendor personnel as part of the overall security plan as necessary
- Provides briefings to all levels of customers and partners including executives as needed
- Has excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data to make business recommendations
- Possesses self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- 5+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 2+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 3+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.