Company Name: Amazon
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
The Protective Services Global Event team is part of Amazon Protective Services support to events and executives globally. This position focuses on the safety, security and privacy of our customer teams, vendors and associates while ensuring business continuity. This is a very fast paced, highly dynamic and mobile team that partners with many Amazon.com teams globally; travel domestic and internationally is quite extensive.
- Develop and manage customized security plans for specialized and sensitive events worldwide.
- Conduct pre-event site assessments when necessary
- Manage security, law enforcement and medical personnel as part of the overall security plan
- Provide briefings to all levels of customers and partners including executives as needed
- Prepare and manage security operating budgets on a case by case basis
- 10+ years of law enforcement demonstrating progressive responsibility, OR
- 5+ Plus years of corporate security experience combined with progressive military experience in security/logistical fields, ANDAny combination of the above experiences combined with a baccalaureate degree and 3+ years corporate event program management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to succinctly summarize and assess information.
- Partner with business teams to develop and implement KPI’s, establish a strategic roadmap to guide the team’s mission and work, and complete projects as assigned including drafting, editing, and revising investigation reports, location assessments and analytical white papers.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Experience managing competing objectives.
- Able to travel 45-55% (international and domestic).
- Able to travel with short and/or no-notice.
- Able to be on call 24/7.
- MBA or master’s degree in Business Management or related field.
- Project management experience.
- Strong technical, analytic, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to articulate ideas and influence stakeholders, at ease when dealing with senior management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and deadline management.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $86,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $177,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.