Company Name: Microsoft
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is anchored on embracing a growth mindset, where anyone can change, learn, and grow. Four attributes allow this growth mindset to flourish: obsessing over what matters to our customers, becoming more diverse and inclusive in everything we do and create, operating as one company instead of multiple siloed businesses, and lastly, making a difference in the lives of each other, our customers, and the world around us.
You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Global Partner Solutions US (GPSUS) team mission is to build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people, and organizations to achieve more. GPSUS is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft. Building on the GPSUS mission, the Lead Generation Content and Communications Program Manager (PM) will manage the event design, production, and execution for Microsoft US’ largest co-selling partner events. The role reports to the GPSUS Channel Sales Director of Co-Sell Programs.
We are looking for a senior individual to reimagine, lead and execute our premier US Channel Sales event throughout the year with our partner ecosystem. This role will collaborate with a range of stakeholders across Microsoft, both cross-function and cross-business, and with our partner ecosystem. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of planning, and executing at scale with our partners. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
- Lead owner for our largest co-selling partner and field seller events
- Create and execute a MarCom event project plan while ensuring stakeholder deliverables are completed in a timely manner and on budget
- Research and secure event venue locations (when applicable) and negotiate vendor/agency contracts
- Manage agency and vendor relationships
- Work across teams to develop a robust event management tool, communications strategy, landing pages, events website, emails, and demand generation
- Develop and share event best practices, templates, workback schedules with key stakeholders
- Connect regularly with the GPSUS Channel Sales Leadership Team and critical stakeholders across the broader GPSUS and Microsoft US organizations to provides updates on the event plan, content, and communication strategy
- Orchestrate, coach, and manage event speakers
- Deliver post event debrief with co-selling metrics such as lead sharing, attendee make-up, engagement as well as participant feedback and recommendations
- 7+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 4+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 3+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in marketing communications, event management, product or channel marketing, partner channel development, business development, alliance management.
- Social media background, digital marketing, agency, or lead generation experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Creativity to reimagine and rebrand events
- Experience working with virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business Operations); MBA desired
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $125,000 and $187,700.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.