Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced content/event manager to support the content strategy, development, and delivery for AWS events like re:Invent, re:Inforce, and Summits.
In this role, your primary focus is to develop and deliver high quality content at our cloud computing educational events. You will work with the broader content team to strategize and build content initiatives that reflects the overall AWS product strategy and roadmap. Additionally, you will interface with the broader product marketing and service teams to determine if their services and products can be integrated from a content perspective. You will work with a mix of product marketing managers, product managers, solutions architects, and business developers to create the content bill of materials for the event. You will manage the content process from start to finish including, reviewing the space plans, strategizing the session types, and determining the selection of session content. You will work with the broader event content team and leadership to define goals and timelines, ensure quality control of content, and manage delivery of the content bill of materials.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and extremely organized individual with experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across the globe. You will utilize your attention to detail, your experience in program and project management, and your excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
This position can be located in any AWS office location – Amazon will provide relocation assistance from within the US only for this role.
Role and responsibilities
- Oversee production and delivery of all event deliverables related to content development
- Work directly with non-content event owners to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results (i.e. ancillary events and activities)
- Coordinate, manage, and run all team meetings; documenting and distributing meeting notes and action items
- Oversee event logistics related to sessions, including: session room allocation and agenda management, and define requirements for room set-up, AV, and video
- Oversee speaker management, including organizing speaker training, scheduling reviews and rehearsals, managing all speaker communications, and providing on-site speaker support for re:Inforce
- Build, own, and manage the content management system, including session scheduling
- Build and distribute regular reports on event deliverables and status updates
- Build and distribute CSAT and attendance reports for digestion after the event
- Work with vendors to define pre-event, onsite, and post-events needs and actions
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in related areas of program/project management, event management, content management, or marketing.
- Program and project management experience.
- Experience analyzing large data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- Passionate about process and an innate attention to detail
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Experience working with global field marketing teams
- Existing knowledge of industry tools, such as Tableau and SalesForce.
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.