Company Name: Workday
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
The Event Strategy practice leads cross-functional teams to develop measurable event plans and programs aligned with Workday business priorities and marketing objectives. Our responsibilities include event strategy and experience design, event performance management, event marketing communications, audience acquisition and demand generation, global field enablement and engagement, and integrated campaign alignment. In collaboration with the Partner Marketing organization, the team will now also deliver a global event partner sponsorship strategy.
About The Role
This role will be responsible for crafting strategy and plans that showcase Workday Partners as an extension of our offerings and drive the successful implementation of sponsorship programs for Workday Marketing Events. This person in this role will drive the strategy of Workday Rising North America sponsorship program, Workday DevCon sponsorship program, SKO sponsorship program, and assist with regional event programs including Workday Rising EMEA and Elevate Roadshows as needed. In this role, you will have direct involvement with more than 150 Workday Partners. Primary responsibilities include:
Cross-event sponsorship strategy
- Collaborate with the various event managers to plan ahead for the upcoming year and develop base-level prospectus and build a comprehensive annual view of sponsorship opportunities for Workday Partners.
- Work closely with Alliance team members to support Partners in developing their annual budgets for sponsoring Workday events.
Develop the sponsorship prospectus for each event and/or unified prospectus
- Research event sponsor pricing for similar events and build event revenue proforma plans to support pricing recommendations.
- Work with partner Alliance team and event colleagues to define sponsorship benefits and levels that provide value to Workday partners.
- Collaborate with event agency to vet package components.
- Ensure security, privacy & legal reviews are current and supported.
- Work with Workday design and copy teams to deliver professional sponsorship sales materials.
- Work with the Global Partner Organization to present our sponsorship program opportunities and support the Alliances team in partner presentations, as needed.
- Work with our agency partner to monitor and track all sponsorship sales and report weekly progress to the core event team.
Collaborate on value add opportunities
- Strategically align Workday needs with Partner expertise around speaking and participation.
- Foster partner relationships.
- Define and deliver post-event sponsor survey metrics on overall results of participation.
- Plan and host debrief meetings with stakeholders on Expo areas in partnership with Expo lead and event operations manager.
- Minimum of 8 years of related marketing experience with a Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Previous partner strategy sponsorship experience working on large conferences, summits, and other marketing events with expo, keynotes, pre-conference training, breakouts, and more.
- Proactively bring creative ideas and improved processes to the development of our partner sponsor strategy.
- Understanding of survey management and builds to collect strategic data.
- Proficient using Google Suite, MS Office Applications, Slack and other enterprise applications.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong collaboration and team oriented skills aligned with Workday’s values.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.