Company Name: PwC
Location: Detroit, MI
Type: Full Time
A career in Infrastructure and Property, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of developing and managing the PwC operational infrastructure that allows us to support our people and our clients. We focus on all aspects of internal infrastructure services from real estate site selection, facilities management, and physical security to managing relationships with Firm travel partners and event planning.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
- High School Diploma
Minimum Years Of Experience
- 4 year(s) with 4 additional years experience in the information technology and/or instructional design industry and/or corporate meeting planning
- Bachelor Degree
- Digital Event Strategist (DES)/Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)/Certified Meeting Manager (CMM)/Cvent Event Management Certification
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven track record of success in the following areas:
- Consulting with internal meeting customers on the best meeting design and tools based on their event objectives & budget, CPE requirements, technology needs, audience size, and location(s) of event/audience & attendees/presenters;
- Challenging customer requests to improve quality & reduce costs as needed;
- Creating a fresh, creative and engaging approach to design and planning of meetings;
- Maintaining 360-degree communications to transfer business knowledge, event delivery approach and event specific information within the three WX Meeting & Event (WX M&E) teams, other IFS functional units, and WX M&E customers;
- Building and sustaining impactful working relationships with line of service and IFS meeting customers at the market and national level;
- Engaging the ultimate meeting stakeholder, when different from the customer;
- Anticipating problems and developing creative solutions to minimize their impact while consulting with team members across all three WX M&Event, both Team Leaders, and/or the WX M&E Leader;
- Escalating unresolved challenges and holding meeting customers accountable for shared success of the meeting;
- Leading cross-functional project teams;
- Managing suppliers to meet customer and attendee (both client and internal) expectations and confirming adherence to internal and external compliance guidelines;
- Operating as the single point of contact for assigned meetings while working effectively with and seeking feedback from (coaching, mentoring, and info sharing) those who have greater specialization in the field;
- Using appropriate technology and participating in the firm’s digital upskilling to use automation to increase productivity and reduce duplication of effort;
- Sharing lessons learned within and across teams and suggesting ideas on how the Team can improve services delivery;
Webcast & Studio Event Team And Collaboration Event Team
- Consulting cross team and with the Team Leader on appropriate media when required;
- Consulting with the Market Relations Team and Team leader on any in person meeting component;
- Serving as a knowledge specialist at a national level in all facets of digital/virtual meeting technology and service offerings;
- Working with IT and the firm’s preferred production companies to determine the appropriate approach for virtual presenters to maximise the use of video for presenters, and deciding when overlay videos are appropriate, and other event platform tools to create the most engaging events;
- Influencing customers to manage collaboration events that are smaller and less complex that are available for self service;
- Possessing experience with video production, broadcast technical direction, and broadcast IFB experience is a plus;
Market Relations Team
- Understanding the total event planning process, event requirements, and contractual obligations to implement large scale market events;
- Collaborating with stakeholders in all market offices on event requirements leveraging industry leading practices, in line with firm strategy & Procurement contracting and approved supplier guidelines;
- Leading all aspects of the meeting continuum which include venue research and site inspections, vendor negotiations, ground transportation, food and beverage, hotel room block management, décor, AV/technology support, security, on-site execution for all client facing and internal market based meetings;
- Managing customer defined meeting budgets and being consultative on the firm cost management policies or expectations;
- Managing input of event information into Cvent (Strategic Meetings Management Technology) for reporting to/for leadership, internal customers, and Procurement; and,
- Consulting with the Webcast & Studio and Collaboration Event teams and the Team Leader on any digital/virtual meeting component.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.