Company Name: Hitachi Energy
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full Time
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Regional Marketing Communications Manager for North America Grid Integration Business Unit. Hiring manager is prioritizing skills and experience over physical work location and will consider remote work. The Grid Integration business is experiencing tremendous growth in EV charging systems, high voltage direct current projects, power consulting, power quality solutions, semiconductors, and many other exciting offerings in North America, and we need a strong strategic leader to be a part of this exciting journey. In this role, you’ll be responsible for contributing to the transformation of Hitachi Energy solutions in Grid Integration Business Unit and driving growth through marketing and communications activities. If you enjoy creating high-impact content and seeing how it converts to sales, this is the right fit for you! You’ll be designing marketing programs that meet regional business objectives and align with the global Hitachi Energy strategy for grid integration technologies. This position requires close collaboration and alignment with communications, other business units, and local sales organizations to execute marketing activities and events that drive sales and increase market share.
- Be a strategic bridge between local sales, North America communications and marketing teams to align on strategic priorities and objectives for Grid Integration Business Unit and the region.
- Map and understand local customers’ decision journeys to develop promotional plans to improve customer engagement, lead generation and company positioning.
- Localize global value propositions and segment marketing strategies for appropriate market segments to meet regional customer needs.
- Plan and develop strategic marketing programs to generate qualified leads and grow sales in line with regional growth strategies (tradeshows, events, conferences, marketing content development such as blogs, white papers, videos, product photography, and other high-impact promotional programs.
- Deliver on regional marketing plan in conjunction with the global marketing team and regional sales leaders with a focus on business profitable growth.
- Manage the strategic selection, evaluation and measurement of customer events and engagements in coordination with global event strategy. Work closely with the North America marketing and communications team in project managing strategic events in North America in collaboration with cross-functional/cross-business teams.
- Drive metrics-based reporting across the region to show marketing ROI for money spent.
- Analyze the performance of marketing campaigns to support YOY improvement of spend, real-time campaign adjustment, and detailed insights on customer/prospect interest.
- Be accountable for annually set KPIs to measure performance and link activities to pipeline.
- Design and lead together with regional businesses regional customer journeys that ensure the right people are targeted, at the right time, with the right messages.
- Lead and develop a team of country marketing specialists.
- B.A./B.S. degree and a minimum of 5+ years experience in marketing, marketing communications or related roles within the technology sector.
- 5+ years of marketing, brand and/or marketing communications experience in B2B environment (prefer technical/industrial environment) – Energy/power segment preferred
- Experience with managing, tracking, and reporting on budgets (financial stewardship accountability).
- Experience in marketing metrics, ROIs, and reporting.
- Proven track record in developing analytical and digital marketing skills as well as knowledge of lead generation practices and performance-based digital marketing.
- Basic understanding of lead generation and marketing automation (preferably with Eloqua) and Salesforce.com.
- Finely honed project management skills, in addition to a keen sense of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Well-developed communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel on business assignments 20-30%.
- Flexible with demonstrated experience in leading and managing change communications.
- Analytical mindset (i.e., marketing measurement, new market analysis).
- Excellent communication skills, with a knack for distilling down complex ideas into customer-friendly language.
- Strong project management, prioritization, and organizational skills with top-notch attention to detail and the ability to move projects forward independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship management skills with internal and external partners at all levels
- Ability to leverage analytics to inform strategy.
- Passion for innovation and bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Bilingual English / French is nice to have but not required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.