Company Name: Dairy Queen
Location: Bloomington, MN
Type: Full Time
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 20 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We’re looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Meeting & Events Planner located at our corporate headquarters in Bloomington, MN. The Meetings and Events Planner is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing small and medium-sized meetings and events in remote, hybrid and in-person formats.
These meetings and events include but are not limited to:
Employee meetings and events
- DQ booth at the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting
- U.S. and international franchisee meetings and trainings
- U.S. and international IDQ team and department meetings
The Meetings and Events Planner also supports:
- International franchisee conventions with business sessions, keynote speakers, exhibit hall and top-tier entertainment
- Supplier conferences
Primary Accountabilities Include:
Meeting and Event Planning
o Meet with key stakeholders to assess meeting and event needs.
o Source meetings and events locations.
o Manage contracts, including negotiating terms and contract review with DQ legal.
o Coordinate meeting/event room layouts and set-up.
o Secure lodging, transportation, F&B and AV.
o Create and manage registration sites and create and distribute registration reports to business partners.
o Prepare signs, meeting/event agendas, handouts, name tags, directions, etc.
o Set up and audit meeting/event rooms prior to occupancy.
o Participate with post-event reconciliation to confirm all charges are accurate and within contractual and agreed upon terms.
o Responsibility in planning and execution of approximately 50 meetings/events annually.
o Onsite support as needed.
Maintain positive relationships with DQ business partners supported by this role. Clearly communicate timelines and deadlines. Implement research methods to solicit feedback on service and iteratively improve.
Expense Reports and Invoice Processing
Manage expense reports for meetings, events and travel, including submission of expense reports and invoice processing for the meetings, events and travel team. Review expense reports from franchisees and suppliers to ensure adoption of the travel policy.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Hospitality/Event Management, Marketing or related field
- Three to five years of experience planning meetings and events
- Experience with web-based registration tools (i.e. Cvent, Aventri)
- Experience successfully working with senior leaders
- Demonstrate attention-to-detail, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Superb interpersonal and communications skills
- Effectively manage multiple meetings and events simultaneously within timelines and budget
- Work under deadlines, adapting to rapidly changing circumstances
- Experience working in a corporate, matrix organization is required
- CMP certification is preferred
- Travel up to 10 percent for assigned programs (local and national)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
International Dairy Queen (IDQ) requests and strongly encourages all U.S. employees to submit their vaccination status and documentation.
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorshi