Company Name: Creative Circle
Location: Chicago, IL
Our corporate financial services client is looking for a Meeting / Event Planner to join their team in a freelance capacity starting within the next couple of weeks. The client will look to convert the ideal candidate at the end of the year.
This Meeting / Event Planner role will be located in the clients downtown Chicago office. The role will have mandatory onsite events but will be hybrid when there aren’t any scheduled events. The Meeting / Event Planner does require travel outside of Chicago as well. This role is exciting for a Meeting / Event Planner who is looking to join a well-known financial client. The ideal candidate will be excited to attend events that might not just be local to Chicago.
To be considered for this role, the Meeting / Event Planner must have:
- experience planning events from ideation down to the final event details
- experience working with an event team to ensure events are run smoothly and no detail is missed
- experience working within the hospitality space will put you at the top of the list
Meeting / Event Planner Responsibilities Include:
- leading and planning the execution for mid-sized, multi-day conferences and training programs
- collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders determine meeting locations, timing of events based on business plans, oversee venue procurement and contract execution
- additional conference planning tasks may include, project schedule creation, venue procurement, sleeping room management, meeting room layouts, menu development, registration management, attendee correspondence, transportation management and more