Company Name: Compass Group
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: Full Time
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Stay informed with industry standards and share new ideas with the Eventions team members.
- Schedule appropriate interdepartmental/vendor meetings for the operational aspects of coordinating conference/meeting requirements, which include pre-planning meetings or a pre-conference meeting for the customer and specific vendors.
- Determine customer needs and sales potential
- Manage sales goals, as set by Senior Events Managers and Marketing, focusing on Seasonal menus, Theme menu, Capturing new events, Customer tastings, etc.
- Identify areas of growth within internal departments
- Deliver profitable new business revenue growth
- Responsible for developing and growing customer base
- Attend marketing and networking opportunities, such as, customer events
- Be well versed in Eventions policies and procedures and provide excellent customer service while adhering to those policies.
- Provide guidance and be a resource for Event Services support teams and other vendors on site for the events.
- Lead site visits to review event needs and specifications.
- Communicate last minute changes and requests to team, confirm with the client and update event order.
- Thoroughly and professionally communicate available services, recommendations, Eventions policies, associated fees and other event needs to the client via email, phone or in person.
- Recommend policy changes, updates and service levels. Be aware of trends and potential issues.
- Management of events for Eventions on the Puget Sound Campuses.
- Provide seamless management of events with very high-level customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years meeting/event planning experience or other hospitality/customer service-related experience is required
- CMP certification a plus.
- Language Skills: English | Mathematical Skills: Basic calculations and Excel knowledge | Reasoning Ability: Ability to continually evaluate situations and re-prioritize accordingly.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.