Company Name: Maritz Global Events
Location: Lincolnshire, IL; Twinsburg, OH
Type: Full Time
Participate as a project team member to act as the contact for attendee groups and exhibitors. Works directly with the Registration Specialists and Housing Specialists by managing tasks around registration, inventory adjustments, and client communication for the sub-blocks. Consult with clients to create business rules and best practices that work best for their event.
Manage the housing and registration component for groups and or exhibitors of approximately 10-15 programs annually, with room night counts as high as 100,000 on an annual basis. Responsible for managing room block, attrition, duplicate reservations/registrations, financial collection for reservations and registrations, and managing cancellation policies on programs with complex requirements.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to Housing Manager and indirectly reports to Housing Services Director. Work closely with Registration, Housing, Customer Service, Project Manager, Event Planning, Account Management and internal and external clients and vendors. No direct reports.
OPERATIONS: Provide customer support by phone and email to groups and exhibitors attending events. Assist groups and exhibitors with obtaining housing blocks and registering for attendance while maintaining focus on event objectives with respect for participants and their time. Maintain professionalism through all communication mediums and interdepartmental collaborations. Ensure customer satisfaction and final resolution through consistently responding to correspondence within a 24 hour period. Demonstrate attention to detail when processing data contained in written correspondence. Create and manage email marketing campaigns to inform exhibitors and groups of meeting openings and deadlines. When applicable, collects and maintains financial data for housing deposits and registration fees for groups and exhibitors. Work with the Housing/Registration Specialist to test and review websites for accuracy and performance. Effectively manage time without compromising service. Provide registration support on-site as needed.
CLIENT CONSULTATION: Effectively understand and execute client expectations while meeting project deadlines. Prioritize and manage time effectively to stay within or decrease the budgeted hours assigned to the event. Attend and participate in project team meetings. Contribute to meeting objectives by providing solutions and constructive feedback. Consult with client to create business rules and best practices that fit the needs of their event.
PROGRAMS AND TOOLS: Participate in team product development, establish and maintain knowledge of registration/housing platform, computer programs, best practices and proficiency with all internal systems and tools
OTHER: This job function requires or may require travel to destinations worldwide, in support of on-site support and/or program operations.
1. 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer issues.
2. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team; take initiative to offer and seek solutions; demonstrate a commitment to work quality, excellent client service delivery, proactive problem solving, personal development and continuous improvement, including leveraging new tools and technologies.
3. Proven organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail required.
4. Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple demands within time constraints (multiple events/multiple projects).
5. Ability to analyze and manipulate data and create custom reports.
6. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools & ability to learn new technology quickly. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions.
Maritz Global Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.