Company Name: Guardian
Location: Holmdel, NJ
Type: Full Time
The Coordinator within the Facilities and Shared Services department, reporting to a Senior Facilities Manager. This person oversees all aspects of Conference planning and execution for corporate business and client events. Additionally, provides assistance with local event review and implementation of departmental processes and procedures.
- Responsible for overall planning, venue selection and staging of all shared services supported events, to include the following:
- Pre-program planning and process management
- Venue / site evaluation and selection
- Internal client management
- Attendee Management
- Concept/Idea generation
- Budget preparation
- Vendor Management
- Menu Planning
- On-Site Management
- Website content and functionality
- Contract negotiation
- Overall functions related to coordination and execution of events
- Establish and maintain project communications with manager, internal team and clients
- Accounting, Creative Services, and event vendors (production, décor, photography, travel and lodging).
- Strategic planning, to include assessment and management of risk within project.
This position reports to a Senior Facilities Manager
- Comfortable assisting with programs through development, execution, and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Strong corporate event protocol/process and production knowledge.
- Event Marketing industry knowledge including trends in food, design, production and products, including lodging and conferencing.
- Strong venue knowledge and experience (national hotels, restaurants, performing arts/museums)
- Well versed in event and menu design, event related costing and budget generation
- Possess strong creative instincts and sound business judgement.
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate strong event planning / marketing background with the Firm approach and brand guidelines.
- Pro-active, organized, innovative, forward thinking and output-driven.
- Ability to multi-task programs and projects in a fast-paced environment with short timeframe
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years conference planning and/or event management experience in corporate environment.
- Minimum of 3 years general business or event marketing experience.
- Ability to lead and participate within cross-functional project team(s) to deliver integrated solutions to drive business results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Flexible schedule with frequent travel (30-40%).